Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S
FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:38 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:27 pm

how is Vauto better than S ?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:41 pm

PAP Mask: F & P Vitera
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Variable pressure

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:55 pm

variable pressure meaning it ramps up and down verses S is set. So when is it necessary to have a Vauto verses having S? Or is it a luxury?

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:02 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

The exhale breath pressure (EPAP) is fixed on the S machine but varies according to your needs on the VAuto. This is similar to the difference between an Airsense Elite and AutoSet.

Most people seem to get more comfortable and efficacious treatment with the auto, so I wouldn't see it as a luxury.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:14 am

most people seem to get more effective treatment? Either they do or they don't..... so it varies from person to person..... As of now I have a minimum start pressure of 8.5 cmH20 and APAP ramp of average 11 or 12 max. If I can adjust the minimum pressure and manage my OA, and minimize my CA.. then my APAP really isn't working the way it should. Most of the events are cleared with CPAP... at 8.5. I stopped there because I am shortly going on BPAP. The amount of CA doesn't warrant ASV. Just Bilevel S.

Just a little more aid on EPAP. So adjusting PS on both isn't that big a deal with an oximeter.

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:49 am

so convince me how a Vauto is better than S or APAP, other than algoritms.

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:43 pm

I'm missing something, so let me know....

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:11 pm

I believe the vAUTO can be used as VAUTO, S or CPAP....If you are buying an AirCurve, there is no reason NOT to purchase a VAUTO.

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:41 pm

LSAT wrote:
I believe the vAUTO can be used as VAUTO, S or CPAP....If you are buying an AirCurve, there is no reason NOT to purchase a VAUTO.

Quote:
I believe the vAUTO can be used as VAUTO, S or CPAP...

I know that.....

but I asked why vauto verses S? How is vauto, other than being auto ramping up or down like a APAP... to deal with events. I can adjust an S manually, how is Vauto better therapy, that I can adjust an S machine monitoring with an oximeter, and OSCAR.

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:26 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

optimalsleep wrote:

It's not our job to convince you of anything.

The VAuto can adjust pressures (EPAP) between set limits during the night, while you sleep. The S can't do that with or without an oximeter. If a S works for you, that's great. If not, the option of a VAuto is always there.

Quote:
The amount of CA doesn't warrant ASV. Just Bilevel S.

That is not the conventional wisdom. The bilevel machines are not designed to treat central apnea. I've just been perusing your thread on another forum where all this has been discussed with you in some detail. You may need a bilevel machine for other reasons but your central apnea index of 1.25 does not warrant any special consideration and definitely not an ASV.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Respirator99 wrote:
optimalsleep wrote:

The VAuto can adjust pressures (EPAP) between set limits during the night, while you sleep. The S can't do that with or without an oximeter. If a S works for you, that's great. If not, the option of a VAuto is always there.

Quote:

That is not the conventional wisdom. The bilevel machines are not designed to treat central apnea. I've just been perusing your thread on another forum where all this has been discussed with you in some detail. You may need a bilevel machine for other reasons but your central apnea index of 1.25 does not warrant any special consideration and definitely not an ASV.

An ASV is a bilevel machine....

ResMed web site...

Quote:
AirCurve 10 S and AirCurve 10 VAuto both treat obstructive sleep apnea, while AirCurve 10 ASV treats central sleep apnea

moderate to severe....

But that's not my initial question. Why is a Vauto better therapy than the S machine was my initial question.

Quote:
Most people seem to get more comfortable and efficacious treatment with the auto, so I wouldn't see it as a luxury.

How ? does a person get an effective treatment? How does a Vauto do this verses an S machine?

Is it because breathing changes through out the night, and an S machine set at certain pressures can't effectively, ones condition can change from one moment to the next? I can understand changes, but it appears Dr's don't and say "that's where the tech set you at with the machine we ordered...

I shouldn't let them order an S?..... and insist a Vauto?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:20 pm

You seem to have all the answers

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:43 pm

I don't agree that I have all the answers. Just tryin to do my best to get the best therapy.

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:39 pm

LSAT wrote:
Variable pressure

Quote:
The BiPAP S isn't really that variable (even the Auto version).

What do you think of that?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:28 pm

I think you should find something else to do with your time.

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:36 pm

so you disagree ?

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Respirator99 wrote:
optimalsleep wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
You may need a bilevel machine for other reasons

variable breathing....

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:12 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed F20 N30i P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: 10 Series HumidAir
Pressure Setting: EPAP 8-15 PS 4-12

A ResMed VAuto varies the pressures, while the S will not as the S is a static 2 set pressures BPAP. Which is better or which is better for you? I can't answer that, but for most people I'd think variable pressures could help therapy and comfort be better.

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:05 pm

how does it improve therapy?

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto verses Aircurve 10 S  |  Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:47 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed F20 N30i P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: 10 Series HumidAir
Pressure Setting: EPAP 8-15 PS 4-12

If you're asking about the VAuto, it can vary pressure between the settings which can address some events in a better way than the S model. In a large part again due to the fact it's not handcuffed to a single inhale and a single exhale pressure.

A person's events can vary per night, so that's where the VAuto is able to improve on the S. Think of it as in a car's transmission scenario. The S model has 2 gears while the VAuto has a CVT, a variable transmission that alters output between the setting parameters to give the best pressure per the need at that moment.