Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Philips Respironics Dreamwear mask
FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:45 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Philips Respironics Dreamwear mask  |  Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:31 am

Hi all,
I just had a second sleep study consisting of split study CPAP/BiPAP titraton.

The Tech gave me a PR dreamwear face mask...and show major large leaks on my Oscar graph. When I first saw this mask and ones similar I always knew when sleeping on the side they would leak, and they do. My pressure had one major spike, but for the most part, not to bad. My events were 3.0 and had one legit CA. I feel pretty good but not like yesterday morning.. I felt great on Bilevel. I sleep on my side, for now, until I get a Bilevel machine, which hopefully will be in the next couple of weeks.

Right now I have a PR dreamstation APAP. Up to 8 cmH20.

I'm wondering if I can do anything to seal this mask?? What I really want is the Circadiance mask. Jason, you did a great video on it and it was greatly appreciated, I'm sold !!

I left a message with my Ins. Co. about getting one and possibly being reimbursed.

Thoughts on the PR dreamwear mask?

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Philips Respironics Dreamwear mask  |  Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:05 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

The choice of mask is very personal, and what fits me may not suit you at all. The general advice (especially for side-sleepers) is to start with the least intrusive nasal pillows (eg Resmed P10) and work towards a full face mask if you need it. It's really going to be a matter of try it and see.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Philips Respironics Dreamwear mask  |  Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:29 am

I have a P30i but this mask is not good at all for me on my side. It shifts...... it isn't supported by the bridge of your nose. I am ordering a Carcadiance Dreamweaver Anew.

tomkatt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Philips Respironics Dreamwear mask  |  Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:11 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal cushion
PAP Machine: Respironics Dreamstation
Humidifier: Respironics Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: 8 - 14

Try getting the gel pillows for the Dreamwear and see if that helps. That mask frame fits three attachments (nasal cushion, nasal pillow, and full face).

For squashing the leak in the meantime... well, it should have come with a small, med, and either large or med wide cushion. Try the different sizes and see what works best, and if you're concerned about it shifting while you sleep, tighten the headstrap a bit more.

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Philips Respironics Dreamwear mask  |  Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:23 am

Looking at Circadiance dreamweaver Anew, will be coming shortly. Jasons video convinced me. Got the script from Dr.... and looking at F30 i with new machine.