Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Have I found a solution for full face mask users?
FAQ
It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:11 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Avis
  Unread post  Post subject: Have I found a solution for full face mask users?  |  Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:33 am

:idea: Have I found a solution for full face mask users?
I'm using CPAP about 30 years, always using a nasal mask. Last night I noticed that when I open my mouth, no air leaking from my mouth, even it is open sometimes. No, I don't have any physical problem. The reason is because during the 30 years without intention, I got used to sleeping with my tongue edge touching my palate near the upper teeth. This is blocking and prevent the air leaking.
I'm not a doctor, just a CPAP user, but maybe this post can give a hint and helps the full mask users, Good luck!

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Have I found a solution for full face mask users?  |  Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:47 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

This isn't anything new.
The problem is that when we are asleep the tongue gets lazy and drops down and air enters the mouth and will then exit the mouth if it is open.

It's easy to do while awake...not so easy to maintain while asleep if the tongue decides to get lazy and not stay in place.

Avis
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Have I found a solution for full face mask users?  |  Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:17 am

Pugsy wrote:
This isn't anything new.
The problem is that when we are asleep the tongue gets lazy and drops down and air enters the mouth and will then exit the mouth if it is open.

It's easy to do while awake...not so easy to maintain while asleep if the tongue decides to get lazy and not stay in place.

Correct, It's an unaware habit that I got after long time using CPAP.
Do you think that a small device sits on the lower teeth and hold the tongue up can give the same effect?
I should add that my post includes opinion based upon my experience and should not be considered medically professional directions or advice.[/i][/i]