Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Anyone tried the ResMed Airfit N30 mask?
FAQ
It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:37 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

DKC_apnea
Unread post  Post subject: Anyone tried the ResMed Airfit N30 mask?  |  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:03 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillows.
PAP Machine: ResMed S9 Elite.
Humidifier: ResMed H5i (humidity set ~ 5.0) with ClimateLine tubing (set ~23C).
Pressure Setting: Currently 7.4cmH2O. Keep EPR set to 1 and zero ramp.

I've been using the AirfIt P10 mask for years now and have been happy with the mask to date. The design is minimal, lightweight, and extremely quiet. I've always kept my eye out for masks that could provide a similar or better design. The "N30i" is quite a bit more bulky but does has some advantages. I' don't have any issues with nasal pillows, but now the AirFit N30 offers a similar design to the P10 but with a Nasal cushion cradle.

Anyone tried the AirFit N30 as yet? I'd be curious knowing what your thoughts are on this mask. :geek:

Upon reviewing the specs on the N30 (vice the P10), the only significant difference I can see is the cushion cradle. Both are extremely quiet and lightweight.

Quietness: P10 - 21 dB, N30 - 18 db
Weight: P10 - 1.28 ounces, N30 - 1.6 ounces
Headgear: Very similar (note: N30 has a small adjustable clip)

SprManKalEl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anyone tried the ResMed Airfit N30 mask?  |  Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:49 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: The one in my machine

I tried the N30i and found that the cushion moved from under my nose. This caused, in my opinion, the holes to not line up with my nostrils. This made me feel like I was not getting any air and was suffocating. The headgear is SUPER comfortable and I don't have a problem with it. I made my medical company switch out the N30i cushions for P30i pillows and I have no issues. Hope this helps.

DKC_apnea
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anyone tried the ResMed Airfit N30 mask?  |  Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:57 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillows.
PAP Machine: ResMed S9 Elite.
Humidifier: ResMed H5i (humidity set ~ 5.0) with ClimateLine tubing (set ~23C).
Pressure Setting: Currently 7.4cmH2O. Keep EPR set to 1 and zero ramp.

Thanks SprManKalEl.

I did manage to see a supplier who had the N30i and P30i. I'm pretty happy with the P10 headgear, so would only switch to the N30 if I thought the cushions would work better for me. Sounds like I'll be able to try one out to see if I like it first.

SprManKalEl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anyone tried the ResMed Airfit N30 mask?  |  Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: The one in my machine

You should definitely try it. I do like it best. I do not know how sensitive you are but I found that the pillows cause a little irritation to my nostrils. This is helped by a lubricant I put on before I set the mask in place. It is called Ayr and I picked it up at the Walgreen's near my home. It really helped me get comfortable and even forget that I had the mask on.

joek
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anyone tried the ResMed Airfit N30 mask?  |  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:10 pm

Since I started CPAP about 2 months ago, I have tried 5 masks. The N30 (different from N30i) is my favorite. It is very minimalist and lightweight and the nasal cushion is very comfortable. My only criticism is that the air holes are rather small and you may have to play around with it for a minute to line them up with your nostrils.
I previously tried the Dreamwear nasal mask and I found when I slept on my side, it moved. I did not have this problem with the N30.

StanJernberg
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anyone tried the ResMed Airfit N30 mask?  |  Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:47 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed Airfit P10 but substituting the ResMed Airfit N30 adjustable headgear
PAP Machine: Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP
Humidifier: Philips Dreamstation Humidifier
Pressure Setting: APAP Start 7.0, High 10.0 A-FLEX = 3, Heat = 3

Yes, Tried it and didn't like as well as the P10 but LOVE the N30 headgear because it is adjustable. The N30 caused more leaks so I went back to my P10. So now I just use the N30 headgear with my P10 Mask. Perfect combination and I can get a lot more life out of the headgear.