Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Heated Tubing
FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:55 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Heated Tubing  |  Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:46 am

PAP Mask: Amara View Full Face Mask
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: Low - 12 High - 25

Will Heated Tubing help more with dry mouth better than a humidifier with regular tubing? My humidifier is set right now at 3 because any higher makes it uncomfortable for breathing. I'm just wondering if heated tubing would feel too intense like a higher number for the humidifier or not. I don't have insurance that will cover my equipment right now and so I really don't want to pay out of pocket just to find that out but I'm guessing might have to be my option.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Heated Tubing  |  Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:26 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

The heated hose probably won't help with dry mouth any more than the other hose at the setting of 3.
About all the heated hose can do is maintain a more consistent humidity delivery but I don't see it offering more humidity.
Now it might enable you to use a higher humidity setting and more control over the hose air temp.

The setting of 3 on the Resmed machine is a relatively low setting and the heated hose might make more humidity a little more comfortable though and for sure helps prevent condensation.

The heated hose portion isn't all that high in terms of temps though.
It's not sauna hot by any means.

The hose air temp and humidity setting can be independent of each other though. Meaning you can use a higher humidity setting at a lower hose temp if you want to. You don't have to use the auto function if you don't want to. The highest hose temp you can get is 86 degrees.
The lowest setting is 60 degrees but that's kind of dependent on the ambient room temperature. There's nothing in the machine to cool the air...you can't take 72 degrees house temp and have the machine crank out 60 degrees. You have to start with the room temp first.