Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - If your Dreamwear FFM hurts under your nose - my success
FAQ
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:26 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

dtn
Unread post  Post subject: If your Dreamwear FFM hurts under your nose - my success  |  Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:12 am

PAP Mask: DreamWear FFM
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
Humidifier: Yes
Pressure Setting: 14-18 cmH2O

Hi all,

I felt I’d share a success I had. In my search for a comfortable cpap mask, I have tried
- airfit f20 medium
- airfit f30 medium
- dreamwear fitpack (all sizes)
- dreamwear w/ gel nasal pillows fitpack (all sizes)
- dreamwear full face mask fitpack (all sizes)
- s / m / l frames for the dreamwear line

My machine a Resmed airsense 10 APAP, I’m at 14-18 cmH2O.

I had narrowed my best choice down to the dreamwear ffm, medium cushion on medium frame... but there were 2 serious and related problems.
1. The edge of the hole in the silicon for the nostrils would butt up against the underside of my nose and really hurt after a couple hours
2. The piece of silicon that separates the mouth hole and nostril hole would rest against my upper lip and caused chaffing, leading to a sore right under my septum that hurt bad, looked bad, wasn’t going away, and was getting worse as I continued wearing the mask. I tried aloe jelly in the morning and while wearing the mask to resolve and that did not work.

My eventual solution was to simply cut the offending part of silicon out of the way. Note: my suppliers offer no return warranty whatsoever so there was no consequence to me doing this except having to throw away the cushion if it didn’t work out. With that part cut away, the mask fits a bit different, and I found I needed to move from the medium cushion to the large, and also had to make the nostril area larger.

The results for me have been excellent. I get a great seal, and as a side sleeper don’t torque the mask off at all. I have absolutely no irritation under nose any longer and have found a mask that is actually pleasant to wear.

Pictures attached. As a reminder, you do this at your own risk. I have enough masks that if it didn’t work out I had plenty of good options.

Thank you Jason for your great YouTube videos and this website. I have subscribed and find your work very helpful and educational.

Thanks and good luck,

Attachment:
5E1102AA-1444-4DF9-BC80-AE9A806FA230.jpeg
5E1102AA-1444-4DF9-BC80-AE9A806FA230.jpeg [ 3.73 MiB | Viewed 100 times ]

Attachment:
5F54E22A-1A48-455E-BE73-7070A38D47B1.jpeg
5F54E22A-1A48-455E-BE73-7070A38D47B1.jpeg [ 2.9 MiB | Viewed 100 times ]