Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise
FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:35 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

JonMichael85
Unread post  Post subject: 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise  |  Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:55 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Auto
Humidifier: Standard Resmed
Pressure Setting: 4-20

Hey guys,

First I wanted to say hey as this is my first post, even though I've lurked for awhile.

So my Resmed Airsense 10 has started making this odd whirring noise whenever I breathe. It doesn't do it in the beginning of the night, I woke up about an hour and a half into sleep last night and noticed that it was starting up but was still kind of faint. By the time it was time for me to get up, it was pretty loud.

The whirring stays constant until I breathe, and it raises to match my breath. It's been doing it for three nights now, and I changed my filter and mask two days ago, and the noise continued. Someone had suggested to me that it was my reservoir, and while that's possible it seems like it's clicked in tight and the noise doesn't seem to be come from the tank. The noise seems to be coming from around the area where the air comes in through the filter and into the CPAP, not directly at the filter but a little bit deeper into it. It's been keep me up at night and is extremely frustrating. I plan on taking it by my supply shop to see if they can look at it on Monday.

My questions are:

1. Has anyone else experienced this noise and what the heck is it?

2. Is this a simple fix and something I could fix myself?

3. If there is an issue with my machine, is it safe for me to be wearing my mask? As in, I'm not breathing in and burning plastic or anything like that?

4. If it's something that is either replaced or repaired, in your experience, how does that work? I'm sure it differs from company to company, but I'm (probably unjustifiably at least in the short term) terrified of sleeping without my CPAP for any amount of time

Thanks in advance!

Peakananew
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise  |  Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:00 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airfit F30
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Auto
Humidifier: Build into machine
Pressure Setting: 4-15

When in doubt, bring it in to be looked at!

Tallguy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise  |  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:44 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed F20
PAP Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 vauto bipap
Humidifier: Box included with machine.
Pressure Setting: Vauto, min 10, max 25, ps 5

I think Resumed has a 2 year warranty. If you got it through a DME I would talk to them about warranty repair.