Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - NEWBIE question- No breathing detected, is this of concern
FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

tdawg
Unread post  Post subject: NEWBIE question- No breathing detected, is this of concern  |  Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:22 am

Just dx about 30 days ago, and using dreamstation cpap. For past 2 weeks, ALL my ahi's have been under 5 and closer to 2-3....I was dx with severe and night study was 38 ahi's... so I "THINK" i am doing better.
I sleep better etc. I use a nose pillow for my mask and am generally good with it, though sometimes i knock it off in mid of night... LAST night was the FIRST time i was UNDER 1 for AHI's I was at .7 and am ecited. Only 5 total hypopneas, 0 tca and 0 toa.

****BUT, at around 1:30 am this morniing, for about 35 minutes I have a BREATHING NOT DETECTED.... I don't know what to make of it. I think maybe i knocked the mask OFF??? would that lead to that reading? I know if i wasn't truly breathing for 35 minutes, I wouldn't be posting this morning, LOL.

So as a newbie, can anyone help me to understand this?
-There is NO DATA for FLOW RATE, NO APNEAS, no snore rate, No rera, No tid Volume
-leake rate looks like it peaked at 55 in that time
-pressure was around 5-7 during that time

SO I was excited about my first ever UNDER 1.0 ahi since starting cpap therapy, but what do I make of the BREATHING NOT DETECTED indication?

Thanks for any response, sorrry this is SO new and the data stuff is so "greek" to me, but getting better.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: NEWBIE question- No breathing detected, is this of conce  |  Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:08 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

The mask was off and the machine kept on blowing but couldn't sense you on the other end. At some point you put the mask back in correct position and the machine started reporting again.

It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the mask not being on your face like it needs to be.

tdawg
Unread post  Post subject: Re: NEWBIE question- No breathing detected, is this of conce  |  Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 am

Thanks so much Pugsy... you are a huge resource for us NEWBIES that quite honestly get overwhelmed with all the data... I am tryign my best to simply focus on getting my ahi's down to where they wanted me to... fortunately all under 5 for past 2 weeks and getting lower... happy st. pattys day!

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: NEWBIE question- No breathing detected, is this of conce  |  Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:09 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

tdawg wrote:
I know if i wasn't truly breathing for 35 minutes, I wouldn't be posting this morning, LOL.

Are you sure you're not dead? you look a little hazy and a bit see-through.

tdawg wrote:
So as a newbie, can anyone help me to understand this?
-There is NO DATA for FLOW RATE, NO APNEAS, no snore rate, No rera, No tid Volume
-leake rate looks like it peaked at 55 in that time
-pressure was around 5-7 during that time

SO I was excited about my first ever UNDER 1.0 ahi since starting cpap therapy, but what do I make of the BREATHING NOT DETECTED indication?

That your mask was crooked, and you fixed it.