Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - big differences between respironics and sleepyhead ... why ?
FAQ
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:38 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

eorozco
Unread post  Post subject: big differences between respironics and sleepyhead ... why ?  |  Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Does anybody knows why the AHI numbers generated on my respironics machine are SO different from the SleepyHead ones ? (reading the SD card from the same respironics machine) ...

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Enrique

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: big differences between respironics and sleepyhead ... w  |  Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:23 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Probably because the time frame that the machine is reporting isn't "last night".

eorozco
Unread post  Post subject: Re: big differences between respironics and sleepyhead ... w  |  Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:35 pm

--- I donĀ“t understand ... every morning I took the AHI number from the machine .... and it is different that the one from the sleepyhead software ... altough I rtead the SD card once a week ... in the daily reports the numbers are very different than the ones I took from the respironics every morning ...

Enrique

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: big differences between respironics and sleepyhead ... w  |  Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Respironics machines will often report only the last session on the LCD screen.
Meaning if you turn the machine off at anytime during the night what you see on the machine might just be the last session.
Also what it shows on the LCD screen depends on what time it is when you check the machine for data. If you happen to check the machine before it gets a chance to update the LCD screen numbers it won't match.

To have a better idea why they don't match we need to see a detailed report showing all the data and also what the machine says.

eorozco
Unread post  Post subject: Re: big differences between respironics and sleepyhead ... w  |  Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Attachment:
SH-vs-Respironics.jpg
SH-vs-Respironics.jpg [ 54.44 KiB | Viewed 60 times ]
Attached is a comparative from a few days showing the BIG differences I'm talking about ... I never turn the machine off during the night and the AHI number only changes every morning after I sleep ... besides if SleepyHead reads the SD card from the machine ... why the differences?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: big differences between respironics and sleepyhead ... w  |  Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:27 pm

Get Encore Pro which is the official Respironics software and see what it says.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: big differences between respironics and sleepyhead ... w  |  Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:39 pm

what I see is that your AHI is crap and needs a lot of work.

Forget about figuring out which number is right, and work on getting them down to acceptable levels (under 2).

eorozco
Unread post  Post subject: Re: big differences between respironics and sleepyhead ... w  |  Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:59 pm

... I know my AH1 is crap ... that's the reason I'm using the CPAP ... but it is also crap the difference between a supposed good software and the numbers given by the machine ... and that NOBODY can explain to me why this happens ...

Kind Regards

Enrique

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: big differences between respironics and sleepyhead ... w  |  Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:27 am

There's a lot of "why this is happening" possibilities but without more investigation and information it's impossible to even guess.

We don't even know which machine you are using. Is it compatible with SH???? Which version of Sleepyhead and which model of machine????

Anytime there is a big discrepancy you have to do something to verify results.
Simplest thing...use Encore Pro and see what it says.
See if it matches the machine or not and then decide how to proceed based on results.

Can we see the detailed report from SH from a night where there is marked difference in reported results?

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: big differences between respironics and sleepyhead ... w  |  Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:11 pm

eorozco wrote:
... I know my AH1 is crap ... that's the reason I'm using the CPAP ... but it is also crap the difference between a supposed good software and the numbers given by the machine ... and that NOBODY can explain to me why this happens ...

Kind Regards

Enrique

I just told you what to do.

"why your numbers don't match" isn't nearly as important as "neither of your numbers are acceptable".