Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - New to CPAP - wondering why pressure ramps w/o OA's
FAQ
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:44 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

cuisinartoh
Unread post  Post subject: New to CPAP - wondering why pressure ramps w/o OA's  |  Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:47 am

Hi! I've only used a CPAP for 3 nights and I know I have a long way to go in terms of knowledge, experience, and getting used to the therapy. The first two nights I tried using a Dreamwear FF mask but that was miserable. I borrowed a F&P Simplus for last night and had a much better night. I've looked at the data from the last couple of nights and I notice something happening that I don't understand. The machine seems to ramp up pressure on its own. Some times it seems to only be correlated to increased in "flow limit." Can someone please explain what "flow limit" means?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
Screenshot 2019-03-09 11.37.31.jpg
Screenshot 2019-03-09 11.37.31.jpg [ 631.35 KiB | Viewed 118 times ]
diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New to CPAP - wondering why pressure ramps w/o OA's  |  Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:16 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

The machine will increase pressure in response to all four of the types of sleep disordered breathing that are explained in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gie2dhqP2c

cuisinartoh
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New to CPAP - wondering why pressure ramps w/o OA's  |  Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:05 am

Thank you for posting that. I didn't find much description of flow limit and I erroneously assumed it was something causing the flow from the machine to change. Now I understand it's an indication that my airway is starting to collapse and now the charts make more sense.