Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Newbie questions
FAQ
It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 6:43 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Sleepy ass Yooper
Unread post  Post subject: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:58 am

PAP Mask: Dream ware full face
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 autoset
Humidifier: 2
Pressure Setting: APAP 11-15

Hi I am just finishing my first week on CPAP. So far so good. And it is definitely helping me feel better. But I have a couple questions. First off I’d like to say thank you for this forum ,I have been reading it for a month now and I have gotten a lot of good information from it. My sleep study showed that I had 102 Ahi per hour and my o2 Had a low of 74%. My first question is that on my first night of therapy my Ahi was.06 last night it was 5.1 It seems to be going up every night. I am averaging over 11 hours per night on my CPAP. Is it normal for my Ahi To keep increasing like this and when should I become concerned with it

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:06 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

No, it's not normal... but sleep does vary from night to night.

check my sig, post some charts.

Sleepy ass Yooper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:48 am

Thanks, I will try to get some charts posted. Could this be rem rebound??

Sleepy ass Yooper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Attachment:
screenshot-20190112-125343.png
screenshot-20190112-125343.png [ 75.5 KiB | Viewed 1308 times ]

Sleepy ass Yooper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:29 pm

Attachment:
screenshot-20190112-130103.png
screenshot-20190112-130103.png [ 96.37 KiB | Viewed 1307 times ]

Sleepy ass Yooper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Attachment:
screenshot-20190112-145028.png
screenshot-20190112-145028.png [ 104.29 KiB | Viewed 1305 times ]

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:44 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

I have a little tutorial over on another forum...and just haven't had time to get on on this forum...but please go here and review the format and examples I show here
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1585 ... eview.html
and put your charts in that format.
You are omitting some important stuff and showing some stuff that isn't all that helpful.

The Wiki page Palerider has in his signature for how to organize the images...someone messed it all up and it doesn't show what it needs to show and we haven't been able to fix the problem.

Sleepy ass Yooper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 pm

Attachment:
screenshot-20190113-002644.png
screenshot-20190113-002644.png [ 129.71 KiB | Viewed 1274 times ]
is this better

Sleepy ass Yooper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:08 am

Attachment:
screenshot-20190113-125901.png
screenshot-20190113-125901.png [ 135.93 KiB | Viewed 1250 times ]
this is last night. mask strap fell off, that is the large leak.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:39 pm

You've got some nasty clustering of events happening because the pressure isn't sufficient to hold the airway open and prevent the airway from collapsing.
When we see this sort of stuff where parts of the night things are just fine and other parts of the night we wonder what changed to cause the problem.

The 2 usual culprits are either sleeping on one's back instead of on their side...or increased pressure needs because of REM stage sleep.
Sometimes a little combination of both.

Both supine sleeping and REM can cause OSA to worsen and/or need more pressure during those times than other times of the night.

You are using a fixed pressure...ever consider going to auto mode and letting the machine go up if it needs/wants to and when it doesn't need to it stays as the minimum you set it at?

Sleepy ass Yooper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Did you notice that it seems to happen about the same time every night? I don’t think I am sleeping on my back, my money is on rem rebound. I am dreaming like I have never dreamed before. As for the pressure settings, I think I will leave it where it is for now. It has only been a week and I still think I am a little better every day. Thanks for your help.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:20 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Sleepy ass Yooper wrote:
Did you notice that it seems to happen about the same time every night? I don’t think I am sleeping on my back, my money is on rem rebound. I am dreaming like I have never dreamed before. As for the pressure settings, I think I will leave it where it is for now. It has only been a week and I still think I am a little better every day. Thanks for your help.

The fact that you're *remembering* your dreams means that your sleep is disrupted, and you're not sleeping through the dreams.

The brain doens't form memories while asleep, so the only time we remember our dreams is when we're waked during, or just after a dream ends.

also, you can dream in any sleep stage, it's just more common in REM.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:05 pm

Sleepy ass Yooper wrote:

Well no...how could I notice anything happened at the same time every night....I haven't seen all nights...I have seen one night's detailed report.

I have my doubts as to the relationship to REM because normally we have more than one REM cycle during the night and they rarely last the duration that the one ugly cluster lasted. If REM related I would expect to see multiple ugly clusters and getting bigger as the night goes on. People tend to have anywhere from 4 to 7 REM stages/cycles during a typical night...depending on how long they sleep.

Remembering dreams...that's bad...it means your sleep is being disturbed by something.
And like diamaunt said...dreaming isn't limited to REM. People think it is but it isn't.

It's only been a week...give yourself some time if you wish...if you still see some ugly clusters and high AHI later...might want to talk to your doctor about adjusting the pressure settings. Good luck.

Sleepy ass Yooper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Actually, the last two graphs represent two different nights. January 11 and January 12. And although the number of events on other nights are lower There still seems to be more than average at around 315 in the morning. I did read in the summary of my sleep study that I had no rem sleep at all during The two hours I was sleeping without the CPAP. And that there were signs of N3 rebound after I started using the CPAP. I assume that and n3 rebound is the same thing as REM rebound. Thanks again.

Sleepy ass Yooper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:42 pm

My bad. Jan 10 & 12

Riparianiama
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:39 am

PAP Mask: Amara View
PAP Machine: respironics system one ASV advanced with oxygen.
Humidifier: respironics
Pressure Setting: min epap 8cms, max max ipap 25, min ps 4cms.

respironics ASV system one advanced 2ltrs/min O2. Please see attached sleepyhead screenshot-no mask leak! zero patient triggered breathing for more than 30min.
Should I be concerned?
Thanks Riparianiama

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:43 am

Riparianiama wrote:
respironics ASV system one advanced 2ltrs/min O2. Please see attached sleepyhead screenshot-no mask leak! zero patient triggered breathing for more than 30min.
Should I be concerned?
Thanks Riparianiama

Please start your own separate thread so you can get advice targeted for your issues and not cause confusion in this thread.

Plus I don't see any attachment...try again...but in your own thread please..

Start a new topic instead of using this thread.

Sleepy ass Yooper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie questions  |  Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:11 pm

So i went to auto with a range of 11to 16. And I was rewarded with Mutch lower ahi numbers. Between 1 and 2,that’s the good news. The bad news is mask leaks,lots and lots of mask leaks. Wakes me up 3 to 5 times a night to tighten the mask. By time I wake up it feels like I have an octopus trying to crush my head. Not a good way to spend the night. I currently have the dream where full face with a medium mask, should I try bigger or smaller to alleviate leaks. Thank you