Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?
FAQ
It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:41 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

CJC0484
  Unread post  Post subject: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:00 am

PAP Mask: Resmed n20
PAP Machine: Trial resmed airsense 10 her apap
Humidifier: Resmed airsense 10 her apap
Pressure Setting: Doctor had 4-20 I changed it to 5-13 on apap

]Does Resmed airsense 10 apap for her record 90% pressure information ? I'm looking at sleepyhead and its 0% across the board :S isn't this something that's helpful to know? Or at least since I have had the machine its not recording it heres my sleepy head statistics I have had the machine since October 25th is there a setting I'm missing?
Attachment:
No 90% Pressure since I started on the machine..png
No 90% Pressure since I started on the machine..png [ 160.36 KiB | Viewed 278 times ]

Also I switched my Response setting to soft last night to see if there was any difference in my sleep and it seems I have no min or max pressures listed not for last nights sleep
Attachment:
WIth Reponse set to standard.png
WIth Reponse set to standard.png [ 130.71 KiB | Viewed 278 times ]

Attachment:
With Response set to soft.png
With Response set to soft.png [ 129.73 KiB | Viewed 278 times ]

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:44 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Looking at a days detail would be so much more informative... honestly.

CJC0484
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:09 pm

hmmm it does show my 95% pressure in the daily area

Attachment:
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (11).png [ 165.8 KiB | Viewed 269 times ]

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Frankly, the 90% pressure is something that's a concern by people that don't know how to understand the pressure chart, which you didn't post.

Please format your charts like the example in my sig, for maximum effectiveness.

CJC0484
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:37 pm

My bad here ya go :D
Attachment:
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (12).png [ 179.73 KiB | Viewed 265 times ]

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:19 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

I am using the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her.
I just checked my Statistics page ....weird...it shows a 90% pressure for last night only and 0.0 for all the other columns. Well over a year's worth of nights.

Probably a bug in SleepyHead. I never noticed before because I don't pay that much attention to the Statistics page....all I look at is sometimes the detailed daily report where I do get 90/95% numbers.

CJC0484
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Yup I find it strange but it probably is a glitch because I get a 95% pressure on the daily tab every night who knows

BigJerr
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:49 pm

PAP Mask: Nasal
PAP Machine: Respironics
Humidifier: None. I hate that thing.
Pressure Setting: At 90% ~ 15.5

Just to let you know that my Respironics CPAP has had leaks that I thought were impossible! Now a days I check last nights report for laughs! I meant that! :D I've woken up in the morning with 20% to 15% leakage and I can't feel one bit of leakage coming out of the mask. One example was a report from the night before that had a 30% leakage and I couldn't feel one bit of air coming out. My AHIs have been 1.5 to 2.8 and hour. Nothing show that I stopped breathing. With my old machine, which broke, I had a mustache and one time it showed 1% leakage. However, my medical supplier said not to worry because it's all about the pressure. I think there's a defective sensor.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:54 pm

BigJerr wrote:
Just to let you know that my Respironics CPAP has had leaks that I thought were impossible! Now a days I check last nights report for laughs! I meant that! :D I've woken up in the morning with 20% to 15% leakage and I can't feel one bit of leakage coming out of the mask. One example was a report from the night before that had a 30% leakage and I couldn't feel one bit of air coming out. My AHIs have been 1.5 to 2.8 and hour. Nothing show that I stopped breathing. With my old machine, which broke, I had a mustache and one time it showed 1% leakage. However, my medical supplier said not to worry because it's all about the pressure. I think there's a defective sensor.

Are you saying that SleepyHead statistics is saying you are spending 30% of the night over the red line threshold...or are you saying that the machine is saying 30% large leak?
Kinda important to know where you are getting your numbers from.

If it is the SH statistic for "time over red line"...and you aren't seeing large leak flags on the Events graph (see the LL on top of the Events graph..that's large leak...if you aren't seeing any flags there then you aren't having large leaks despite what the statistic might say.
SleepyHead defaults to the ResMed large leak red line threshold of 24 L/min.
You are using a Respironics machine and it reports leak differently and it doesn't use 24 L/min as the red line.
You need to change the red line threshold to something more suitable for a Respironics machine...unfortunately they never give us a static number because it varies so much with whatever pressure is used and which mask is used.
Go to Preferences/CPAP tab and change the 24 to something more in line with a Respironics machine...70 L/min is a nice conservative number.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:52 pm

BigJerr wrote:

More likely you're misinterpreting the data... along with crashing someone elses zombie thread.

BigJerr
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:27 am

Pugsy wrote:
Are you saying that SleepyHead statistics is saying you are spending 30% of the night over the red line threshold...or are you saying that the machine is saying 30% large leak?

What's SleepyHead?

Quote:
Kinda important to know where you are getting your numbers from.

From the "Mask Fit". Menu -> turn the nob three times and it's under "Mask Fit".

Quote:
You are using a Respironics machine and it reports leak differently and it doesn't use 24 L/min as the red line.

My supplier mentioned that to me.

Quote:
You need to change the red line threshold to something more suitable for a Respironics machine...unfortunately they never give us a static number because it varies so much with whatever pressure is used and which mask is used.

I don't think there is a menu for that in the Respironics.

Quote:
Go to Preferences/CPAP tab and change the 24 to something more in line with a Respironics machine...70 L/min is a nice conservative number.

Can't see any preferences.

But I did get these settings: Mask Type -> Off. I reset it to X2 to see if that would help. Again with the Mask Fit 74% -> 26% leakage.

BigJerr
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:29 am

diamaunt wrote:
More likely you're misinterpreting the data... along with crashing someone elses zombie thread.

What do you mean? Zombie thread?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 am

BigJerr wrote:
What's SleepyHead?

Obviously you aren't using available software and the numbers you speak of came from the machine LCD screen.

You need to go get the clinical/provider manual for your machine....it explains what those numbers mean.
You can request it via email from here...instructions on how to are about 2/3 down the page.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

SleepyHead is software available so we can see more details than what is available on the machine LCD screen.
http://www.cpaptalk.com/wiki/index.php/Sleepyhead

If you still can't get things figured out...start your own thread with your own problems and don't hijack someone else's thread.
You will get better help if you have a thread devoted to your questions instead of taking someone elses' thread off track.
That's considered to be rude in forum etiquette.

BigJerr
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:14 am

"If you still can't get things figured out...start your own thread with your own problems and don't hijack someone else's thread.
You will get better help if you have a thread devoted to your questions instead of taking someone elses' thread off track.
That's considered to be rude in forum etiquette."

Thank you. But I wasn't trying to hijack someone else's thread. I was just trying to add to it.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 90% Pressure not showing in sleephead and Also ?  |  Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:40 am

BigJerr wrote:
Thank you. But I wasn't trying to hijack someone else's thread. I was just trying to add to it.

Yes, I understood you meant well but the whole discussion of this thread is about something that the software shows (which you didn't even know about)...not what the machine is showing.
So all you did was add in more confusion..

It's not the end of the world when someone's thread gets hijacked and happens quite often but the reason I said what I said about starting your own thread was in an effort to help YOU because it is painfully obvious that despite your desire to add to the thread...you don't understand what you are talking about and that helps no one and potentially can confuse people.

I wanted YOU to get the best help possible more than I wanted to slap your hands for "hijacking" anything.