Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - APAP for REM-Specific Apnea
FAQ
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:50 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

pretysmitty
Unread post  Post subject: APAP for REM-Specific Apnea  |  Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:09 pm

PAP Mask: P10 Nasal Pillow
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10
Pressure Setting: 9-20cm

If almost all of my events occur in REM, can the APAP “freak out” once I hit REM and not adjust properly, resulting in improper pressure and subsequently me unconsciously taking the mask off?

I’m not sure if mask comfort/leaks have anything to do with my unconscious removals.If anyone else has run into this issue I’d be more inclined to think that mask comfort/leaks aren’t a problem and that perhaps I need to a titration.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: APAP for REM-Specific Apnea  |  Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:55 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

pretysmitty wrote:
If almost all of my events occur in REM, can the APAP “freak out” once I hit REM and not adjust properly, resulting in improper pressure

All it does is respond to breathing abnormalities, it does it the same way all night long, having no way of knowing what your sleep stage is.

pretysmitty wrote:
subsequently me unconsciously taking the mask off?

well, maybe, if the pressure's too low, and you're getting too many events, your sleep would be more disturbed, and you might be pawing at that alien facehugger attacking you.

pretysmitty wrote:
I’m not sure if mask comfort/leaks have anything to do with my unconscious removals.If anyone else has run into this issue I’d be more inclined to think that mask comfort/leaks aren’t a problem and that perhaps I need to a titration.

About the only thing I could suggest would be to record yourself and see if you get any clues there.