Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Questions About Selling And Shipping CPAP
FAQ
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:52 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Questions About Selling And Shipping CPAP  |  Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:00 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Air Fit F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: Low - 12 High - 25

I Have a Resmed S9 Autoset for sale that was barely used and if it sells I don't know anything about shipping or even receiving payment.

Would I be the one paying for shipping?

I'm guessing something heavy like the S9 would be rather expensive to ship and I'm sure I would also need insurance for it too.

Plus I've only used paypal once or twice but not as a business transaction were someone I don't know is involved.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions About Selling And Shipping CPAP  |  Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:34 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Who pays the shipping is determined with the buyer. How many run hours are on the S9? How much are you asking? Shipping price depends on where it is going.
You would get payment into your paypal account. From there you can transfer the funds to your bank account.

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions About Selling And Shipping CPAP  |  Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Air Fit F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: Low - 12 High - 25

LSAT wrote:
Who pays the shipping is determined with the buyer. How many run hours are on the S9? How much are you asking? Shipping price depends on where it is going.
You would get payment into your paypal account. From there you can transfer the funds to your bank account.

Run time was barely 20 hours and it would also come with water chamber, power cord, and case. I'm asking $350.00 but I don't know if shipping should be included with that price or not but you did say that it's up to the buyer to make that decision.

Is it common to get shipping insurance for expensive cpap items?

Does the buyer pay for the item first then I ship it?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions About Selling And Shipping CPAP  |  Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:38 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

You always get payment before shipping unless you really, really know and trust the person you are shipping the machine to.
I use PayPal when I sell something. I also use the USPS Priority mail for shipments within the US. Outside the US not so much because once stuff leaves the US customs the USPS doesn't have any say so in anything.

Extra insurance is available and not horribly expensive.
Cost depends on where it is being mailed to. The closer to you...the less expensive unless you use a flat rate box and I am not sure if the S9 would fit in a Large flat rate Priority box. Going to cost anywhere between 15 and 25 dollars depending on where it is going and how much extra insurance you might add. USPS Priority mail comes with $50 insurance at no extra charge. If you want more there is an additional fee that goes up the more you buy.

I usually price the machine to cover about $25 mailing cost and then just say so and so price which includes shipping. People like to think they get free shipping but we all know that the shipping costs are really just built in to the price. You can do it either way. The only time I ever went over the 25 dollar shipping was when a machine went clear across the country and I wanted insurance extra because the machine was a high end expensive machine...and it ended up being around 28 dollars total with the insurance being around 4 dollars of that 28 dollars.

So you get to decide how you want to cover the shipping costs. Either included in the sales price or separate amount added to selling cost.