FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:01 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

draco66
Unread post  Post subject: CPAP Newbie  |  Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:15 am

PAP Mask: Respironics DreamWear Gel Pillows Mask
PAP Machine: Respironics DreamStation - Auto
Humidifier: Respironics DreamStation Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 5 to 20

First I want to say thank you for putting this community together. I am sure I will learn many things from this group and the website, youtube, etc.

I am a new CPAP user for about 45 days now. I only had a very basic home sleep study with the air flow, chest strap and pulse ox. Based on that, I was told I have "mild" sleep apnea and told to use a CPAP. It took some getting used to but I have no issues wearing or sleeping with it now. But my chest hurts a lot and feels strange on most days.

My sleep doctor has told me basically nothing. I have the app for my CPAP and I can see the results each morning. My mask is always 100% fit, my usage is around 6 hours a night and my AHI for the past few nights has been 1.2, 0, 1.3, 0.4, 0.2, 0.1. Are those good readings?

I have been using a chin strap but I am going to try the soft cervical collar that I saw suggested in another post. The strap works but I really don't like wearing it.

I guess my concern is that I apparently had the worst in home test and really have not gotten any other information from my sleep doctor. The equipment vendor was even surprised that I was given an order for a CPAP with that level of testing.

Does this tightness in the chest go away at some point? I am cleaning my CPAP daily now as recomended in your youtube video. My equipment vendor said to do it only once a week.

I'm sure some of this may be covered in other posts so I'm sorry if I have asked something I shouldn't have. Just discovered this great resource so I will spend some more time on here learning in the next few days.

Thank you.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Newbie  |  Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:56 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

First, check my sig for info on sleepyhead, it's a huge step up from the app you're using.

Second, yeah, tightness will ease as you get used to breathing out against the gentle pressure of the cpap. You're basically using muscles in your chest wall that you weren't used to using before, and like any time you start working out, things are going to hurt for a bit.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Newbie  |  Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:09 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Yes those are good readings, but more important than your numbers is how you feel. Anything under 5.0 is considered technically treated, but personally, I usually feel like crap if I score over 2.5 AHI. Welcome to the forum, and happy learning!

MyCPAPLiners
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Newbie  |  Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:50 am

https://youtu.be/-YuBtU57nxo