FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:00 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

SleepyHead566
Unread post  Post subject: Mandibular Advancement Blog  |  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:24 am

PAP Mask: Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Res Med S10 Auto
Humidifier: Res Med
Pressure Setting: 11-20

For those that have tried every option there is such as cpap/apap but are having trouble with an advancement splint, or cpap or sleeping on your side, you might want to explore mandibular advancement which is just cutting your lower jaw and pushing it forwards.

Anyway I am posting a blog for it.

So a couple days ago, I had my two lower mandibular teeth removed(the two teeth sitting behind the lower fang teeth to advance my lower jaw forward. In 2 weeks, I'll be putting on braces to fix my bite up. That bite will ensure my malocclusion i.e. misalignment of my teeth is fixed up.

So far not a lot of pain even though I had dry socket, but I can tell that my teeth are now moving as a result of that.

Then in a year, after my bite is fixed up, I'll be going to the doctors to push my lower jaw forward and it's only the lower jaw that needs to be advanced for me.

The surgery is a long process, but should permanently cure OSA.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mandibular Advancement Blog  |  Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:23 am

PAP Mask: Quattro
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Come back in a year and tell us about it. Personally, there is no way I would do that. CPAP is soooo much easier. Hopefully this will work for you and you won't end up with a CPAP anyway.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mandibular Advancement Blog  |  Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:03 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

And, please, no more posts until the year's up.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

SleepyHead566
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mandibular Advancement Blog  |  Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:19 am

LSAT wrote:
Come back in a year and tell us about it. Personally, there is no way I would do that. CPAP is soooo much easier. Hopefully this will work for you and you won't end up with a CPAP anyway.

diamaunt wrote:
And, please, no more posts until the year's up.

There is also Orthotropics treatment which is far better than doing orthodontist and then doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75K-gKtCkME

SleepyHead566
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mandibular Advancement Blog  |  Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:45 pm

Dry sockets are now gone after 2 week so getting braces tomorrow to expand the arches. Both and lower and upper.