FAQ
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:02 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

schatz
Unread post  Post subject: Iron loaders and sleep apnea ?  |  Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 am

PAP Mask: dream wear nasal
PAP Machine: resmed elite 10 autoset
Humidifier: resmed
Pressure Setting: 4 to 20

Hello this is my first post, and would like to say hello and ask if their are any other iron loaders here? I was recently diagnosed with 17 events per hour and I have been on my resmed for a month or so. My machine readout and my sleepy head on my computer show I have come down to 1-5. I am just wondering how many other of us CPAP user's and apnea suferers have had issues with iron and can it be related? If anyone here has Hemotomchrosis or excess iron I would be very interested. Thankyou, and maybe we should all have our :uge :) ek: iron checked, you have to ask for it, it is not included in a regular blood panel.

schatz
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Iron loaders and sleep apnea ?  |  Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:32 am

PAP Mask: dream wear nasal
PAP Machine: resmed elite 10 autoset
Humidifier: resmed
Pressure Setting: 4 to 20

By the way I do not have full blown hemochromatosis, I am only a one gene carier and found my ferriten was 275 and sat # was 60%. But iguess I was lucky enough to be one of those people that exhibit symptoms early. Many people are two gene heterozygotes and never feel any symptoms until liver enzymes show positive and are in need of transplanting. So I highly recommend getting you're iron checked guy's, and if there are any iron loaders out there, let me know if sleep apnea is a problem. This is the most common genetic issue there is and very easy to deal with if caught early, so good luck and looking forward too hearing from you.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Iron loaders and sleep apnea ?  |  Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:30 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

What's an "iron loader"?

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

sja
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Iron loaders and sleep apnea ?  |  Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi,

I also do not know what an iron loader is. But I was still having fatigue after starting with the CPap. I was craving red meat A LOT. I peed red after eating beets, which I read online is an indicator of low iron.

So I had my blood tested for iron.
It came up 39, and I saw that my previous test a few months prior, had been 37.

Despite this low number the MD did not advise taking iron-- I am not iron deficient, but from what I read online, this low of a number can seriously impact how you feel.

I started taking iron and immediately it was like someone had flipped a switch in my brain! Amazing. A lot of the mental fatigue and brain fog lifted.

So, another piece of the puzzle was solved. CPap is not the answer to all our problems!!