FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:17 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Why Do I Feel Spacey?  |  Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:29 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Air Fit F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: Low - 12 High - 25

I'm not the best patient when it comes to using my CPAP on a regular basis as of yet but I am getting closer. I'm still a little nervous and still make excuses about using it every night but I do use it about three times a week for around four hours each night. The odd thing is that when I'm not using CPAP my head is actually clearer then the a day after I've used it. Last night I used CPAP for a little over four hours and today I'm a total mindless zombie!

I'd really like to know why this is happening? Wouldn't I be feeling better and more clear headed the nights that I use CPAP instead of the nights that I don't? :-(

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Why Do I Feel Spacey?  |  Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:17 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

I don't suppose anybody has told you that you should use it ALL night, EVERY night?

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Why Do I Feel Spacey?  |  Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:19 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Air Fit F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: Low - 12 High - 25

diamaunt wrote:
I don't suppose anybody has told you that you should use it ALL night, EVERY night?

Yes, but I'm still struggling with everything about it! Last night I tried again and the whole night the nose opening on my mask kept twisting leaking air and making noise. All night I kept trying to reposition that part of the mask which means once again no sleep.

I'm trying different types of liners one right now which is from a sock but not great either so I just ordered the "Pad A cheek Liner" for my F20 but I swear the struggle is just never ending!

Barron1961
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Why Do I Feel Spacey?  |  Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:57 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
Humidifier: ResMed Humidaire
Pressure Setting: 10-14 cm H2O

I had the same problem for years. My doctor pretty much insisted that I use nasal pillows even though I complained that nasal pillows leaked all night causing me to not be able to sleep. I was constantly readjusting my mask to get the leak to stop thus defeating the purpose of the CPAP.

I changed doctors because of insurance and he had no problem letting me try a different type of mask. He wrote me a prescription for a full face mask. I tried two; the F&P Simplus and the ResMed AirTouch F20. The first mask leaked like a sieve and even fell apart twice while it was on my face. It also gave me a headache to wear it. Five days later I called mt HME supplier and has them send me the ResMed mask. It works great for me. Little if any leakage and comfortable to wear. I have been using it two full weeks and I love it, but took almost six years to get a mask I love.

Don’t give up. Keep trying till you find a mask that is right for you. The difference in sleep quality is well worth it.

:mrgreen: