Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - ResMed AirTouch F20 creeping up on my chin overnight
FAQ
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:34 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Barron1961
Unread post  Post subject: ResMed AirTouch F20 creeping up on my chin overnight  |  Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:28 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
Humidifier: ResMed Humidaire
Pressure Setting: 10-14 cm H2O

I am having an unusual isssue with my ResMed FFM. If it is leaking at all at night it isn’t much because it never wakes me up in the middle of the night to adjust it like all the nasal pillows I have ever used. The issue that I am having is that when I go to bed at night the mask is positioned correctly on my face with no leaks, but when I wake up in the morning the bottom of the mask has creeped up over my lower lip and is now in my mouth. The odd thing is that it is still not leaking. It just feels wierd to have my mask in my mouth in the morning.

I asked the same question on Facebook in the Sleep Apnea Support group and got no responses. I asked on another sleep apnea board on the internet and the person who answered told me to use a chin strap, out of the question, or a soft cervical collar to keep my mouth closed. Both defeat the purpose of why I switched to a FFM from nasal pillows and I told him that. Of course he got offended. Oh, well. I tried loosening the top straps so they would not be pulling UP on the mask so hard, but that didn’t seem to work.jjj Since using a chin strap or cervical collar are out, is there anything else I can try to keep the mask from creeping up over my lower lip in the middle of the night?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirTouch F20 creeping up on my chin overnight  |  Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:50 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Sounds like you are opening your mouth wide enough to move the lower part of the mask into your mouth....Sorry, but I would have to agree with the previous suggestions. You might look at the F & P Flex Fit mask that seals "under" the chin.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fisher ... -mask.html

Jonoshanda
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirTouch F20 creeping up on my chin overnight  |  Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:34 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit F20
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10 dishwasher safe
Pressure Setting: 7-12.2 APAP

You may want to try the air touch cushion. It replaces the current cushion in your F20. This cushion has foam seal. I would think that would create a tackiness that will make it harder for you to move your mouth. When first using it, it will real like it teaks all over. Unlike a silicone cushion that will leak worse if over tightened, this cushion is made to where you tighten it till it doesn’t leak. So you won’t have to wonder, did I over tighten the mask. So you will win with a good tight seal, & a tacky surface. Try it, and let us know. I’m curious to see if it works. YouTube was plenty of videos about it. It’s called the ResMed AirTouch F20. You only need the cushion, in the same size you’re currently using.

Jonoshanda
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirTouch F20 creeping up on my chin overnight  |  Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:35 pm

Correction, it may be the AirFit F20. Sorry for the confusion.

Barron1961
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirTouch F20 creeping up on my chin overnight  |  Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Don’t know what changed, but the last few nights haven’t had any issues with the mask creeping. Go figure!

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirTouch F20 creeping up on my chin overnight  |  Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:36 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Barron1961 wrote:
Don’t know what changed, but the last few nights haven’t had any issues with the mask creeping. Go figure!

Probably keeping your mouth shut

Jonoshanda
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirTouch F20 creeping up on my chin overnight  |  Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:15 pm

It always takes time to adjust. I’ve been on CPAP over a year and still have off nights. Just stick to your routine.

Barron1961
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirTouch F20 creeping up on my chin overnight  |  Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:17 pm

I had asked this question on one of Jason’s YouTube videos and he responded to me about it. His suggestions were that either the top straps of the mask were over tightend or the cushion was too small. I already tried loosening the top straps because my first thought had been that the top straps were pulling up on the mask and causing it to creep up on me.

Today I called my DME supplier and am having them send me a large cushion to try. The one I have right now is medium and using the sizing guide that comes with the mask I fall in between large and medium. If the large works better I will stick with that. If not I will stick with the medium cushion. Let’s see how it works out.

Seadog
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirTouch F20 creeping up on my chin overnight  |  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:30 pm

I had the same issues with the F20, I switched to the Dreamwear full face and do not have those issues anymore. You might try the New F30. It is under the nose full face like the dreamwear but is Resmed comfort like the F20.