Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - My experience with snoring surgeries
FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:38 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

mjpinsky
Unread post  Post subject: My experience with snoring surgeries  |  Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:33 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit F20
PAP Machine: ResMed Aircurve 10
Humidifier: ResMed Aircurve 10
Pressure Setting: 10-17 BiPap

To make a long story short...
I started with a chin strap but my lips would purse and I would blow out air.
This was followed by deviated septum surgery. I guess I could breathe a bit better but it had no effect on my snoring.
This was followed by a uvulectomy -- they cut off and cauterized almost all of my uvula. This was supposed to produce an unrestricted airway and stop the snoring. It didn't work either and killed my singing voice (but NOT the snoring).
Then I was sent to a sleep doc where I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I was told this was one of the reasons for my snoring.
I have been on BiPap therapy for almost 4 years. DO I still snore? I have no idea -- I didn't hear it years ago and still don't now.
I'm new to SleepyHead so I don't know all the ins/outs of the results.
So, if you are considering snoring surgery to please your wife (etc) I would do all my reading first as neither of the surgeries were pleasant (but did not take long to heal from) and did not seem to make much of a difference.

BillyHW
Unread post  Post subject: Re: My experience with snoring surgeries  |  Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:14 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Simplus
PAP Machine: Philips Dreamstation Auto
Pressure Setting: 12 to 20 cmH2O

From what I've read, none of the existing surgeries are all that successful, and are incredibly painful.

CPAP seems to be working fine for me, so I don't really see any need to explore possible surgeries.