FAQ
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

SleepyDave
Unread post  Post subject: Is there a mask with a quiet exhaust port?  |  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Is there a good FFM that has a quiet exhaust port? Just got the F20 and this thing hisses like crazy. If the pillow or sheet gets in front it's way worse. Everything else is fine though. How do they not think of stuff like this when they design the mask?

I've used the Brevida nasal pillows and love the diffuser. Super quiet, but it leaked too much.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Is there a mask with a quiet exhaust port?  |  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:36 am

PAP Mask: Quattro
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Without the exhaust on a FF mask you would suffocate on CO2. Unless you sleep on your back there is a chance that your exhaust will come in contact with pillow or sheets. All FF masks have exhaust vents.

ShiftWorker
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Is there a mask with a quiet exhaust port?  |  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:06 am

PAP Mask: ResMed Air Fit F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: Integrated
Pressure Setting: 6/15/0/19/25

Hello Sleepy Dave,
I received an email from ResMed telling of a mask upgrade that I should tell my DME I want. It is a new air diffuser quick disconnect elbo for the Air Fit and Touch F20 that is I think called Quiet Air that reduces the DB level to 21 and the exiting flow is like 70% more gentile, keep an eye out for it showing up at your favorite supply site. I just deleted that email so have no reference to product links to give you, sorry.
ShiftWorker

BTS
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Is there a mask with a quiet exhaust port?  |  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:22 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Pressure Setting: ASV Auto EPAP 8-12 PS 3-12

Here it is: https://mysleep.resmed.com/GB/en/CPAP-S ... 20/p/63494

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Is there a mask with a quiet exhaust port?  |  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:25 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

SleepyDave wrote:
Is there a good FFM that has a quiet exhaust port? Just got the F20 and this thing hisses like crazy. If the pillow or sheet gets in front it's way worse. Everything else is fine though. How do they not think of stuff like this when they design the mask?

I've used the Brevida nasal pillows and love the diffuser. Super quiet, but it leaked too much.

The port on the mirage quattro was silent, unless something was in front of it.

several F&P masks have diffusers on them that break up the hard stream of air.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur