728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Drying tubing - can't afford Hurricane
FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Melly
Unread post  Post subject: Drying tubing - can't afford Hurricane  |  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:27 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed Airfit F20
PAP Machine: Philips Dreamstation APAP w/humidifier
Pressure Setting: Auto setting from 5-15

I was looking at the Hurricane dryer and saw the video that was put up. Problem is the price.

My concern is just drying my tubing, because apparently a hair dryer didn't cut it, and neither did the swinging around like a lasso. I was wondering if anyone had ever used an air pump like the ones you use for an air mattress?

I saw some filters that I could use to attach between the pump and the tubing, so it seems it would work. Just want opinions.

Oh, wanted to say I was going to try the "Mask Fit" option on my Dreamstation, but it seems I do not have that choice. The little test I can do barely runs at all, and I don't want to run the actual machine since it will mess up my stats.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Drying tubing - can't afford Hurricane  |  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:32 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

No reason to ever dry the tube...It just gets wet again a few hours later.
Really not much reason to even wash the tube....Only filtered air goes through it.

ShiftWorker
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Drying tubing - can't afford Hurricane  |  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:26 am

PAP Mask: ResMed Air Fit F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: Integrated
Pressure Setting: 6/15/0/19/25

I agree with LSAT,
I do wash my heated hose monthly, makes me feel I am being clean, although I think that is just a feel good thing! I have an extra hose that I use when my regular hose is hanging out to dry, again a feel good thing. My regular heated hose came with my ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV that I received 8 months ago and works fine so have not replaced it with one that I purchased just to have an extra hose on hand. (again a feel good thing).
ShiftWorker

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Drying tubing - can't afford Hurricane  |  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

If you feel you absolutely MUST wash your tube, do it in the evening before going to sleep, let the water drip out for a couple minutes, then hook it up and use it normally... you may get a few drops out the end, but then it'll be back to it's normal state.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

BillyHW
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Drying tubing - can't afford Hurricane  |  Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:09 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Simplus
PAP Machine: Philips Dreamstation Auto
Pressure Setting: 12 to 20 cmH2O

If you place your CPAP below the level of your bed, turn the humidity settings down, the air flowing through the hose will dry it pretty quickly. A few drops of water on your face aren't that big a deal.