div id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - What was your cost for your Sleep Study?
FAQ
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  
$0.00...'cause I have insurance that can kick your insurance's butt! 42% 28  42% 
$100-200 in out of pocket costs. 10% 7  10% 
$201-400 in out of pocket costs. 13% 9  13% 
$401-600 in out of pocket costs. 3% 2  3% 
$601-800 in out of pocket costs. 13% 9  13% 
$801 and up in out of pocket costs. 18% 12  18% 
Total votes : 67

SleepyNut
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:14 pm

PAP Mask: FP Simplus
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: ResMed
Pressure Setting: EPAP=11 - IPAP=15.6 NO Ramp

TheLankyLefty wrote:
I'm curious what people are paying in out of pocket costs for their sleep study. Feel free to elaborate as this is endlessly fascinating to me! :)

In 2007 - $50.27 - out-of pocket - Blue Cross/Blue Shield

After being abandon by the insurance company after less than 3 months ------ PRICELESS :!:

sarahmarie02
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:09 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed Airfit P10 most days, ResMed Airfit F10 on days where I am stuffy
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 for Her
Humidifier: The Integrated humidifier with the AirSense10
Pressure Setting: Apap 7-15

One good thing that came out of having an unexpected severe allergic reaction to an antibiotic is I hit my high deductible in the matter of 3 days thanks to several ER trips, an ambulance ride and a couple of epi shots so there was no out of pocket cost for me - other wise it would of been $3300 bucks.

JasonInAlaska
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:03 pm

PAP Mask: DreamWear by Philips Respironics
PAP Machine: DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine by Philips Respironics
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier & heated hose by Philips Respironics
Pressure Setting: 9-18

Paid $450 for an at home study that included a box strapped to my chest, something up my nose, and something on my finger.

Diagnosed with severe OSA and I had to laugh because it was the best night sleep I'd had in months....wonder what they would have said on a bad night.

sarahmarie02
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:16 am

PAP Mask: ResMed Airfit P10 most days, ResMed Airfit F10 on days where I am stuffy
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 for Her
Humidifier: The Integrated humidifier with the AirSense10
Pressure Setting: Apap 7-15

sarahmarie02 wrote:
One good thing that came out of having an unexpected severe allergic reaction to an antibiotic is I hit my high deductible in the matter of 3 days thanks to several ER trips, an ambulance ride and a couple of epi shots so there was no out of pocket cost for me - other wise it would of been $3300 bucks.

The problem with living in Minnesota with Hospitals with Mayo affiliations is everything costs more, even if it has nothing to do with Mayo Clinic. Especially in the Twin Cities.

JennieBee
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:18 pm

In home study: total bill $728; my cost $190. Overnight study at sleep lab: total bill $9,226; my cost $490 (between this & other expenses, I hit my deductible at this point.) Insurance is a Medicare Advantage HMO in Pennsylvania.

BadMotivator
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:23 pm

PAP Mask: Airfit N10, Dreamwear
PAP Machine: Dreamstation APAP
Humidifier: Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: 8 - 18

I voted $0.00 cuz it was the closest, but my actual OoP was 25 bucks and I got to keep the N10 I used.

Health Plan of Nevada (United Healthcare) HMO ...

Tagzor
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:15 am

My deductible was already met and my coinsurance is 90/10. My portion (10%) was $40.20 for an apnealink home sleep study.

I have united healthcare choice plus

jb.sing
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:48 pm

PAP Mask: amara view,
PAP Machine: dreamstation a pap
Pressure Setting: 11

Medicare and medicaid. Together they covered an at home "sleep study"
(watermark ares ) When i talk to my friends, they tell me how they can not afford good insurance and they go without services they need.I know two people who strongly suspect they have sleep apnea, but the cost of insurance is so much and the coverage is so little. One person said her husband snores all night long and she watchs him stop breathing.The other said she wakes me gasping, with nightmares like someone is choking her.It is terrible and I am very thankful for the insurance I have. I am careful to hang onto it. One person has to pay 3K out of pocket before anything is covered, the other just pays the fine for not having insurance . They know the risks of not getting treated. I say for them to fund raise, but i know they are busy working, and are too exhausted.I did find a place that helps access equipment for those who can not afford it, but I doubt they pay for the sleep study.

rmiddle
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:14 pm

PAP Mask: Mirage Quattro® Full Face CPAP Mask
PAP Machine: Respironics REMStarPlus M series cpap

TheLankyLefty wrote:
I'm curious what people are paying in out of pocket costs for their sleep study. Feel free to elaborate as this is endlessly fascinating to me! :)

I am not sure what to select I was going to do my study and with my unpaid $500 deductible it was going to $610 bucks but 3 days before my sleep study I ended up in the hospital blowing out my yearly max so the cost is going to be $0 now. I am guessing it would be in the $100 to $200 without having to deal with a deductible.

Thanks
Robert

Chip McDonald
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:15 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal cushion
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset climateline
Humidifier: Humidair
Pressure Setting: 8

Here's the funny "haha" thing:

I don't know yet.

I set up an appointment for the sleep doctor. I get a phone call about a week before telling me that I couldn't have a home study, because insurance won't pay for it, BUT instead my insurance appears to cover the sleep study so it would only be my copay:

$30.

Fast forward almost 2 months and the day before I'm to go back the second time for titration I get a bill showing BCBS paid $980.49 of $1,500 and that I owed $519.51.

!!!!!!!!

The doctor's office tells me they're going to re-run it and I've been waiting for about a week to find out what I actually owe. I haven't been billed yet for the titration, I presume it will be similar.

So I guess the cost was $1,500 for the first sleep study. What will I pay...?

Shirley
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:36 pm

PAP Mask: nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Resmed P10
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: 10/17

As a Canadian, I paid nothing (but I did pay taxes)!

Also my machine hoses etc. were all covered by insurance. Cost me 0$

catherineSaySte
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:21 am

PAP Mask: Item #: AirFitâ„¢ P10 with Headgear: RM-62900 , RM-62910 Catelog: RM-62900
PAP Machine: DreamStation with Humidifier and Heated Tube PR-500T12 Item #: PR-500T12
Pressure Setting: Begins at 5 - Average 10.7

Canadian initial sleep tests are free with a doctor's referral to a respiratory clinic. Everything after that is out of pocket or part of insurance plans. Self-employed so while I've had no insurance help, my out of pocket expenses have been worth EVERY penny!

juaquin
Unread post  Post subject: Re: What was your cost for your Sleep Study?  |  Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:47 pm

PAP Mask: Airfit P10
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: Prescribed 4-12, using 9-14

Kaiser HMO insurance, $0 for the basic at-home study (WatchPAT pulse/oxy + snore). Would have been nice to have more detail but I guess it was sufficient to get me set up with the machine.