Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Is My CPAP broken?
FAQ
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:56 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Bilbosax
Unread post  Post subject: Is My CPAP broken?  |  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:56 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Auto for Her
Pressure Setting: 12 cmH2O

Hi. First post here. I had my sleep study a little over a month ago and have been making adjustment that have helped significantly to get my AHI from 25 down to below 5. But there is an abnormal flow rate in my sleepyhead data that I see every day that I haven't been able to get any answers about. I am meeting with my DME tomorrow to have them take a look at my machine (a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto for Her) but I don't really know what I need to ask them to look for, and to be honest, they don't seem to really be on the ball with a lot of helpful information. Here are images from sleepyhead software that show the abnormal flow rates.

Attachment:
Screenshot (14).png
Screenshot (14).png [ 21.28 KiB | Viewed 887 times ]

Attachment:
Screenshot (18).png
Screenshot (18).png [ 12.28 KiB | Viewed 887 times ]

As you can see, my flow rate often times gets very jagged, but very regular in it's "jagginess". At first, I wondered if it might be snoring, but my sleepyhead data shows almost no snoring at all anymore, and if there is any, it is always a blip, nothing that drags on for minutes. But snoring is not so predictably repetitive in it's cadence. To me, this looks like there is a valve or something in the machine that is flapping in the wind. Even though my AHI is just under 5, I am still very tired, and the reason is a lot of random arousals. I am wondering if these jagged flow rates my be startling me awake. If you have ever seen this before or could shed some light on what I might want to talk to my DME about regarding my machine, I would really appreciate it.

Thx

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Is My CPAP broken?  |  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:26 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

My guess is that you're seeing cardiac effects in the airflow.

it's not a common thing, but it just happens with some people, and it's nothing to be concerned about.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Is My CPAP broken?  |  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:51 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

That's my thought also.

Let's see what Jason says.....

Bilbosax
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Is My CPAP broken?  |  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:06 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Auto for Her
Pressure Setting: 12 cmH2O

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really hope Jason does have a chance to chime in here. If anyone has seen this before, it would likely be him.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Is My CPAP broken?  |  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:06 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

How many times do you need to be told what it is? :roll: