div id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - ResMed AirSense for Her
FAQ
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Mundy
Unread post  Post subject: ResMed AirSense for Her  |  Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:01 am

The Air Sense for her has a feature that shuts off the machine if there is a large air leak. Is there a way to keep my machine from doing this?
I've had the machine turn off when I didn't think there was that large an air leak....I was awake once when it happened. Several other times I've awakened in a panic because I'm not able to breathe. When I realize what has happened, I can take a couple deep breaths and the machine comes on but I'd much prefer that the machine didn't turn itself off at all! I'm frustrated!

I'm new to the ResMed AirSense machine but have used CPAP for six years without a problem.

John1409
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirSense for Her  |  Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:22 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Mask or Dreamwear FFM when congested
PAP Machine: Resmed Air Sense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 9-12 pressure with EPR @3

I have the Air Sense (not for her) but it is probably the same. Your unit is turning off because SmartStart thinks you have removed your mask. SmartStart also is indicated because taking big breaths turns the unit on.
SmartStart on/off is in clinical menu settings on my unit. To get to clinical menu (from the home screen) simultaneosuly hold the home button and select button until exit clinical menu appears on the upper left. Now go to settings and scroll down to smartstart and turn it off. Machine will no longer turn off unless you hit power button but also won't auto turn on.

Mundy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirSense for Her  |  Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 am

Thanks!

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirSense for Her  |  Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:30 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Mundy wrote:
The Air Sense for her has a feature that shuts off the machine if there is a large air leak. Is there a way to keep my machine from doing this?
I've had the machine turn off when I didn't think there was that large an air leak....I was awake once when it happened. Several other times I've awakened in a panic because I'm not able to breathe. When I realize what has happened, I can take a couple deep breaths and the machine comes on but I'd much prefer that the machine didn't turn itself off at all! I'm frustrated!

I'm new to the ResMed AirSense machine but have used CPAP for six years without a problem.

It doesn't shut off due to a large leak, it shuts off if you take the mask off.

In my experience, it's been good at being able to tell the difference in a huge leak and mask off, based on the back pressure.

You can shut off smartstart, but if it's something else causing your machine to shut off (likely) then it won't start up when you take a couple breaths.