FAQ
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Allessio77
Unread post  Post subject: ResMed 10 Airsense Auto and Pulse Oximetry  |  Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:31 am

PAP Mask: Quattro Air and Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto
Pressure Setting: 7-11

I have read in the manual that the ResMed Airsense10 Auto has a port for a pulse oximeter. Does anyone use this? How does it work? Does Sleephead or the ResMed site access this information through the machine? Does ResMed sell the Pulse Ox that would work, or would my "Contec" brand model work?

I would like to integrate the graph into the Sleepyhead family of graphs.

Since I am using this machine not only for therapy, but to look for CA's and CSRs, I think identifying desaturations might be helpful. Any info would be helpful.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed 10 Airsense Auto and Pulse Oximetry  |  Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:41 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

The only machine that will work as in hooked up to the ResMed machine is the Nonin ( forget exactly which model) and it's really expensive.

Most of the people who want to monitor their Oxygen levels will go the much less costly route with one of the CMS overnight pulse ox.

https://www.cpapman.com/oxygen-system-s ... -1442.html
nearly $1K for the Nonin vs beteen $50 and $100 for one of the CMS models depending on features you want.

Which Contec model do you have?
Is it a spot check or does it record overnight and have software available?
SleepyHead

SleepyHead is currently compatible with Contec CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I serial oximeters.
(Note: Direct importing from bluetooth models is probaby not possible yet)

Allessio77
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed 10 Airsense Auto and Pulse Oximetry  |  Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:18 pm

I have the Contec CMS50F. It has the software and I have used it to look at my overnight saturations. Would Sleephead match up that data somehow with the other readings from my APAP so I can see them coordinated all in one place?

Is the NONIN device sold be Resmed..or do they have their own compatible device?

I had some significant desats on my PSG...like 78%. And a lot of minutes under 88%, so given that, I thought this Oxygen info may prove useful to my doc and me.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed 10 Airsense Auto and Pulse Oximetry  |  Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:27 pm

ResMed doesn't have their own device as they just use the Nonin.

The CMS 50F will work fine with SleepyHead and there will be a graph for the pulse ox data right in with the other graphs from your machine.
This is really the only example of the graphs from the CMS pulse ox that I have handy. I don't use one so I had to steal this one and the person who had it didn't organize the graphs up with the basics and instead put it down near the AHI graph. It will give you an idea what it looks like.

Allessio77
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed 10 Airsense Auto and Pulse Oximetry  |  Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:51 am

How will I get the CMS data into sleephead?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed 10 Airsense Auto and Pulse Oximetry  |  Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:03 pm

Someone else will have to explain the necessary steps to get the pulse ox data into SH.
I did it only a couple of time years ago and I forgot the steps needed.