div id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Winx Therapy System
FAQ
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

GlenP
Unread post  Post subject: Winx Therapy System  |  Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:39 pm

I was wondering if anyone has tried or is using the Winx system? I just stumbled across the company's web page and find the system interesting. I have been moved to a Auto BIPAP machine and having success but the mask noise is too load. I have sent a message to my doctor to find out if this system is a possibility. I want quiet therapy. There is no such thing as quiet mask.

Any insights would be appreciated.

trish6hundred
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Winx Therapy System  |  Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:14 pm

PAP Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
PAP Machine: Resmed S9AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: H5I
Pressure Setting: Titrated Pressure is 10 CM-H2O, I use a range of 7/20 CM-H2O.

GlenP wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has tried or is using the Winx system? I just stumbled across the company's web page and find the system interesting. I have been moved to a Auto BIPAP machine and having success but the mask noise is too load. I have sent a message to my doctor to find out if this system is a possibility. I want quiet therapy. There is no such thing as quiet mask.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Hi GlenP,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I haven’t heard much about the Winx system accept for reading an article, and I think I looked at their web site but other than that, I don’t know anything about it.
Hang in there for mask suggestions.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

49er
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Winx Therapy System  |  Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:37 am

Hi GlenP,

My sleep doc quoted a success rate (forgot exactly how he defined it) of less than 50%.

What kind of machine do you have as some are noisier than others? Regarding the mask, I am not a particular expert on ones that are quiet but maybe board members and Jason can help you out in that area. Might have better odds going this route vs. trying the Winx system since the objection you have which is noise is definitely a solvable problem.

Bronty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Winx Therapy System  |  Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:42 am

PAP Mask: Many - Mask Collector, Currently Phillips Nuance Pro
PAP Machine: Many - Machine Collector, Currently ResMed AirCurve 10
Humidifier: Built-In Humidifier with Heated Hose/SoClean2/HurricaneDryer/MaskBright
Pressure Setting: IPAP(min) = 13, EPAP(min) = 6, PS = 4 PS cm H20

I can attest that some masks are much quieter than others, just as some machines are quieter than others.

I am less sensitive to noise than others, but certainly can tell the difference.

Aaliyah
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Winx Therapy System  |  Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:34 am

i am hearing Winx system for the first time. Reached Google and found that the Winx Sleep Therapy System is an innovative treatment option for adults with mild, moderate, and severe obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Winx Therapy System  |  Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:31 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Old thread resurrected by first time poster.
Smells a bit spammy to me.

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Winx Therapy System  |  Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:04 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Pugsy wrote:

Wow, we must be getting popular, we usually only get spam about shoes :lol:

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Winx Therapy System  |  Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:05 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

cindyY wrote:
Pugsy wrote:

Yeah, no kidding, I keep trying to get Jason to fess up about his shoe fetish, but he's been stonewalling me.

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Winx Therapy System  |  Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:21 pm

diamaunt wrote:
cindyY wrote:
Pugsy wrote:

Yeah, no kidding, I keep trying to get Jason to fess up about his shoe fetish, but he's been stonewalling me.

Jason, is there something you want to tell us? This is a safe space, you've told us everything else!

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Winx Therapy System  |  Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:21 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

Pugsy wrote:
The irony is that I've been trying to contact them to do on of my "pseudoscience" reviews that make for average video content.

Aaliyah....tell your handlers to send "Good Ol' Lefty" a Winx system and we'll pretend that this never happened. You can still change your evil spammy ways. WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!

cindyY wrote:
Wow, we must be getting popular, we usually only get spam about shoes
And Michael Kors.....what else are you going to carry your equipment around in?

diamaunt wrote:
Fine....twist my arm in public why don't you. I do have a poor mans shoe fetish. (almost took a picture of all my old Adidas shoes (our favorite spammer), but my wife stopped me by giving me the show head shake with the "you make me sad when you act that way" face. Her guidance gets me through much of life's social situations appearing normal.

cindyY wrote:
Jason, is there something you want to tell us? This is a safe space, you've told us everything else!
Oh....there is so much that's been held back. I really think that we need to have a FreeCPAPAdvice.com/forum category that is just "Confessions". I think it could be like a very interesting Sub-Reddit/Best of Craigslist. This place would get spicy very quickly!

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Winx Therapy System  |  Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Quote:
And Michael Kors.....what else are you going to carry your equipment around in

Eww, not Michael Kors, I don't think I've ever seen ANYTHING by him that I like. I mean EWW! And it hurt my heart that he used Duran Duran's "Girls On Film" for his commercial, it took me awhile before I could listen to it again. :cry: :evil: :cry:

Quote:
Oh....there is so much that's been held back. I really think that we need to have a FreeCPAPAdvice.com/forum category that is just "Confessions". I think it could be like a very interesting Sub-Reddit/Best of Craigslist. This place would get spicy very quickly

HA! :o Dude, we even know about your vasectomy! You have piqued my interest, though. What could you possibly have not told us? On the other hand, let's keep the mystery alive! I do have a title for it, though, how's "Confessions of a HoseHead"? We can say shocking things like "yesterday I took a half-hour nap without my machine" ***GASP*** BTW, that was just an example, I haven't actually done that, please no lectures needed! :D