728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Mask Contacting Eyes
FAQ
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

monroecpap
Unread post  Post subject: Mask Contacting Eyes  |  Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:59 am

PAP Mask: Resmed AirTouch F20/AirFit F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Pressure Setting: 7-15

I've been working on using CPAP since April of this year and seem to have a unique or rare problem. Let me first start with I don't have issues with CPAP itself. I actually adjusted to it within a couple of weeks and started sleeping well with a full face mask. I started with a nasal pillow, but ended up opening my mouth so I moved to a full face.

In that stream, I started with a Resmed F10, but had issues with leakage over time. I then moved to the F20 and all worked will until I started having issues with my eyes. I first thought it was air blowing in my eyes, but after a visit to my ophthalmologist, he determined that the mask had been contacting my eyes. I have a genetic disorder with my eyes called Epithelial Basement Membrane Dystrophy. Basically, the outside of the eye doesn't adhere well to the cornea so when things contact or rub my eyes long or hard enough, it causes scar tissue to form. Air simply wouldn't have caused it.

So I went on the journey to try other masks and sizes. So far I've tried the AirFit F10 and F20, AirTouch F20, Liberty, and Amara View. Many I tried between a small and large as I'm on the border. The Liberty and Amara solved the eye problem, but leaked way too much. So now I'm left with trying to find a full face mask that doesn't ride as high on the bridge of the nose to keep it from contacting the eyes. Has anyone had a similar issue or suggestions on a mask that may fit the mold?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask Contacting Eyes  |  Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:35 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Hybrid mask
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/RespCa ... -Mask.html

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask Contacting Eyes  |  Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:36 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

monroecpap, you could always try a nasal mask or pillows mask again. You can try it with a mouth guard to help keep your mouth closed, or tape. You may find that you can train your mouth to stay closed or without the need to take in big gulps of air anymore, you may not be mouth breathing like before. Just an idea to keep in mind.