id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Interpretation of Oscar
FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:57 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

7HELOPEZ
Unread post  Post subject: Interpretation of Oscar  |  Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:01 pm

Good evening everyone

I was diagnosed with "Mild Sleep Apnea" but I've been suffering with severe symptoms. I've recently started CPAP 3 weeks ago, but haven't noticed any significant improvements. I invested in a SD card to try and take initiative in my treatment by using OSCAR, I am sharing this screen and I'm hoping I can get some help as to why am experiencing so many CA events. My average AHI during my sleep study was 7.2, but with CPAP I've been under 5 as an average. Any pointers would be gladly appreciated as this condition has taken control of my life these last 6 months. I am using a full face mask

Attachments:
20210321_201934.jpg
20210321_201934.jpg [ 5.74 MiB | Viewed 1473 times ]
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Interpretation of Oscar  |  Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:05 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

http://freecpapadvice.com/sleepyhead-free-software

Also...always, always when you share a report please include how you slept....how you slept and felt is just as important as the numbers.

Also...don't do zoomed in sections like you did...and don't do phone screen shots...too hard to read. Scrunched up too much.

If you want to omit a sleep session...turn that session off...look down below the statistics and machine setting for "sleep sessions" and just click on the unwanted short session to turn it off and remove it from your report.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Interpretation of Oscar  |  Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:07 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

If you think your centrals are real asleep centrals (after watching the videos at the link I posted above) you might try turning off EPR and see if that changes the number of centrals.

If those are awake/arousal centrals....you have to fix the not sleeping problem first.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Interpretation of Oscar  |  Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:27 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: Required to start over on ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.
Humidifier: HumidAir and Heated hose
Pressure Setting: Auto PAP 7-14, EPR full time 3

I'll add in a bit on necessary info for Central Apnea. We're going to need to know the info contained in the diagnostic sleep study, as in event count and type. The pie chart needs to be turned off in OSCAR so we see the stats below that. Include the settings used including EPR and Ramp info if used. This combined data set puts us on the right track and helps us give you the right suggestions to help out.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

7HELOPEZ
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Interpretation of Oscar  |  Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:42 pm

Thank you, I will adjust EPR and will screenshot using OSCAR. I appreciate your time and information