Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Advice on improving my sleep requested
FAQ
It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:44 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

lberwald
Unread post  Post subject: Advice on improving my sleep requested  |  Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Attached is a sleepyhead chart showing a typical night's sleep. Looking for suggestions to improve AHI and more importantly increase the amount of restful sleep. I am on my 6th week of therapy. my machine was originally set up APAP 4-15 with EPR 2. I found that the 4 setting felt suffocating so I moved the minimum up so I could raise the initial ramp pressure to 6. I have been raising my minimum about every 4-5 days and have been noticing improvement in AHI and how I feel after I wake up. I also changed the EPR to ramp only after watching some of LankyLefty's YouTube videos. I am utilizing auto ramp.

Attachments:
sleepyhead.JPG
sleepyhead.JPG [ 258.87 KiB | Viewed 428 times ]
diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Advice on improving my sleep requested  |  Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:24 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

If it were me, I'd set the min pressure at 11 and see how it goes.

The machine spends the entire night trying to get back down to whatever minimum is set, and that can cause repeated breathing events.

mbushnoe
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Advice on improving my sleep requested  |  Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:07 pm

Yeah! Sounds like you're acclimating well, and maybe you can leave some of those lower pressures behind. The lower you set it, the more breathing events are going to have to occur before you get to your optimal pressure every night! Cheers!

lberwald
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Advice on improving my sleep requested  |  Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Does it appear that the upper limit could raise a bit? I looks like to me it needed a little more pressure to treat the clusters of hypopneas.

I raised the lower to 10 a few nights back and 2 consecutive nightly AHIs of less than 1.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Advice on improving my sleep requested  |  Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:49 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

I just recommend putting the max pressure at 20 (or 25 on a auto bilevel) and forgetting about it, unless you've got some contravening issues. For the most part, for most people, the max pressure setting is irrelevant.

lberwald
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Advice on improving my sleep requested  |  Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:26 pm

10-20 on auto is what I was thinking as well. I think I am also going to stop using the ramp soon too as I don't think I need it anymore. I'll do that and post how it goes. Thank your for your help diamaunt and mbushnoe.