Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Sleepyhead report shows night went horribly wrong
FAQ
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

CobaltSky
Unread post  Post subject: Sleepyhead report shows night went horribly wrong  |  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:15 am

PAP Mask: Aitfit P10 or Dreamwear (with a headband over lips)
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: Integrated but without climateline hose
Pressure Setting: 9-13

So I got a new Airsense Auto and oxygen concentrator had a good first 6 days of sleep. AHI was about .6 for those days with leaks almost nill using a headband over my mouth/cheeks.
Then last night the O2 concentrator started alarming (very loudly) at about 3am. I ripped my mask and headband off and went to see what was making that noise. (I thought the house was burning down.) So I ended up turning of the O2 and and losing the headband somewhere in my panic to get the alarm silenced.
I went back to sleep and cruised for an hour or so before everything went to heck. This is the report from that section in time. AHI for the whole night (including an afternoon nap was 16, but the AHI graph hit 90 during the worst of this segment!
I had some leaks without the headband, but they don't directly correspond to the events recorded. I woke up with a headache and mild dry mouth.

Is This Cheyne-Stokes? My sleep study said I didn't have any evidence of this.

Leak, but problems preceded it.

I don't know what to make of these patterns. Any advice?

CobaltSky
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead report shows night went horribly wrong  |  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:17 am

Here is the night before, as an example, with O2 and headband over my mouth the entire time.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead report shows night went horribly wrong  |  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:51 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Need to see a little more zoomed in to see if the breathing pattern looks like CSR but from this angle....yeah sort of.
Need to see each breath in more detail up close like this.

CobaltSky
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead report shows night went horribly wrong  |  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Thanks.
Here is a period of what was marked as centrals. Does my machine or sleepyhead detect and mark CSR? I should also mention that this is sleeping at 7400ft of elevation so hopefully if this is CSR, it is high altitude periodic breathing, and not due to some underlying condition.

Attachment:
screenshot-20171219-123708.png
screenshot-20171219-123708.png [ 112.58 KiB | Viewed 218 times ]

CobaltSky
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead report shows night went horribly wrong  |  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:53 pm

This is from a bit earlier without any flagged events (no O2)

And this is from earlier in the night when my O2 was flowing.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead report shows night went horribly wrong  |  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Your machine should flag CSR breathing if it thinks that it is seeing CSR.
The AirSense 10 machines are supposed to flag it and SH should then report what the machine reports...if it reports it.

Yours doesn't look quite like classic CSR though...not rounded enough maybe. Close though. Tough call.

At any rate it is probably related to the altitude and the O2 situation.

Do you have ResScan to see if it shows any machine flagged CSR breathing? I don't know if I have ever seen CSR actually show up on an AirSense 10 report...so I don't know if SH is missing it or the machine simply didn't flag it for some reason. It would show up in the Events graph if it was flagged by the machine.

CobaltSky
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead report shows night went horribly wrong  |  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:56 pm

I don't have ResScan. Where can I download that?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead report shows night went horribly wrong  |  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:22 pm

You can go here
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual
Scroll down until you see the list of all the ResMed machines and at the bottom of that list in little bitty letters is the software information link to click on.
You will need to register and be logged in to get access to the area where they tell you how to get ResScan.

CobaltSky
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead report shows night went horribly wrong  |  Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:22 pm

ResScan is showing my 0% of time in CSR. So it either isn't CSR or my machine isn't detecting it. It sure looks to me like the CSR pattern that Jason showed in his video though.

The good news is that I got a new O2 concentrator and my AHI is back below 1 and the funny looking flow rate pattern is absent or greatly reduced. (If I zoom out to the right level, the top and bottom lines still waver a bit.) I guess I really do need O2. Bummer.