Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Sleepy head report data. I need help.
FAQ
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:12 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

ksj4477
Unread post  Post subject: Sleepy head report data. I need help.  |  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 am

I'm sleeping at night but still waking up tired and sometimes with a headache. I don't seem to be having any issues with mouth leaking or mask leaks so I don't think it is anything to do with that. I don't seem to be maxing my pressures out so I don't think more pressure on the high end would help. Any ideas what is going on with me? I can provide different screen shots of my data if needed.

Thank you!

Attachments:
wed 11 15.PNG
wed 11 15.PNG [ 168.07 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]
tue 11 14.PNG
tue 11 14.PNG [ 168.09 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]
mon 11 13.PNG
mon 11 13.PNG [ 175.33 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]
sun 11 12.PNG
sun 11 12.PNG [ 170.92 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]
sat 11 11.PNG
sat 11 11.PNG [ 180.7 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]
ksj4477
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepy head report data. I need help.  |  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:17 am

Here's the rest of the week.

Attachments:
sat 11 18.PNG
sat 11 18.PNG [ 169.67 KiB | Viewed 286 times ]
fri 11 17.PNG
fri 11 17.PNG [ 170.85 KiB | Viewed 286 times ]
thur 11 16.PNG
thur 11 16.PNG [ 164.02 KiB | Viewed 286 times ]
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepy head report data. I need help.  |  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:27 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Not sure what to make of the VS2 snores....past history seems to point to those not responding to more pressure and we really don't know just what critical significance they play.
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 2#p1182872

With the exception of the VS2 stuff your reports are unremarkable...you look good on paper anyway. Now not feeling as good as the numbers might lead you to believe you should feel....that's a whole different situation. It's so much easier when we can pin point something that definitely points to sub optimal therapy and can be easily fixed.

Do you take any medications of any kind? If so what?
Any other health issues going on?
How many times do you think you might be waking up each night?

ksj4477
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepy head report data. I need help.  |  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:57 am

Thanks Pugsy.

I take Zyrtec, Flonase, Allopurinol when I get up in the morning and Singular before I go to bed at night.

I have allergies, gout and sinusitus. I have had 2 sinus surgeries in the past and go to see an ENT on the 29th. My sleep Dr. thinks I may need a turbinectomy to help with my CPAP but I'm not so sure what to think of that. I want to see what the ENT thinks of my sinuses first. I do use a nasal mask so maybe my sinuses are too restrictive? I have tried a full mask but I can't seem to be able to sleep with one.

I think I wake up 2-3 times a night, usually to change positions in bed. I may wake up more but this is all I remember.

Thanks

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepy head report data. I need help.  |  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Some of your daytime symptoms might be related to medication side effects.

https://www.rxlist.com/zyloprim-side-ef ... center.htm

https://www.rxlist.com/zyrtec-side-effe ... center.htm

Drowsiness, fatigue, headache etc...with both are listed along with the other stuff.
They may be playing a part in how you feel during the day.
I realize that you may not be able to go off the meds for whatever reason but it wouldn't be impossible for some of your unwanted symptoms to be related to medication side effects.

ksj4477
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepy head report data. I need help.  |  Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:59 am

I've went without the Allopurinol before and didn't notice being less tired. I'm not sure about Zyrtec but my allergies are pretty bad without it. I can tell you that I'm not dreaming and I am waking up with huge bags under my eyes.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepy head report data. I need help.  |  Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:56 am

Not remembering dreams doesn't mean you aren't having them.
Remember dreams just means you woke up during one and woke up enough to form a memory.
Remembering a lot of dreams is actually not a good thing because it means we are waking often during the night.
And we can dream in any sleep stage...doesn't have to be just REM stage sleep.
Not remembering dreams is actually a good thing...means not so many wake ups.

Bags under the eyes...that's edema from body fluids being constricted so the fluid accumulates and we get the ugly bags. Usually related to the straps and how tight they are and maybe sleeping on one side might make it worse on the side that is down.

What mask are you using?

ksj4477
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepy head report data. I need help.  |  Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:16 am

Resmed N20

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepy head report data. I need help.  |  Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Okay...I just looked at the N20 and I can see where it might really promote bags under the eyes because it could impact normal body fluid dispersal.
Bags under the eyes are edema or fluid that accumulates because it doesn't or can't get dispersed normally because something is blocking the circulation a bit.

I get bags under the eyes super easy...annoying as all get out.
A lot depends on if I stay on one side longer than the other side...the body fluids can't go anywhere and the pool in the thin skin under our eyes and we get the bags.

You might consider looking at some fleece mask straps for the straps going across the face from the nose to the outer cheek. The wider softer straps will be less likely to inhibit the circulation quite as much and if the fluids can disperse more normally then they won't pool as much and make such big eye bags.

I found that they greatly reduced my eye baggage...and the dents in my cheeks (that's edema also) and they are quite comfy on the skin.
You can make your own fairly easily but I am lazy and I just buy mine from padacheek.com. She makes her products so much better than I could and I don't have to do any work which makes me happy.