Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board
http://freecpapadvice.com/forum/

One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP
http://freecpapadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2822
Page 1 of 2

Author:  BillyHW [ Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:46 am ]
Post subject:  One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

I just realized one tremendous advantage of being on a CPAP. I can finally sleep underneath the covers without worrying about suffocation! I've been dreaming of being able to do this all my life.

It's like a snorkel for your covers.

:P

Author:  diamaunt [ Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

:D just throw the covers over your head and block out some noise, and light, and be snug... yup!

just don't let the dog fart by your machine.

Author:  5280meow [ Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

Hahah I do this too! It is a perfect snorkel.

The biggest thing I miss is sleeping flat on my stomach. The Dreamwear mask would be PERFECT for this -- except that if I sleep on my stomach, I cannot seem to avoid really bad aerophagia/gastric insufflation, and I wake up in agony. I'd like to design a pillow for stomach-sleeper CPAP users that would allow us to sleep totally prone/face-down.

Author:  diamaunt [ Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

a friend went after her foam mattress with a kitchen knife, and carved a notch at the head for her mask, so she could do that.

Author:  audihere [ Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

Speaking of inventing pillows, I think there's money for someone that can design a pillow that has a contour extrusion that keeps your mouth closed up tight when sleeping on your side.

Author:  diamaunt [ Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

audihere wrote:
Speaking of inventing pillows, I think there's money for someone that can design a pillow that has a contour extrusion that keeps your mouth closed up tight when sleeping on your side.

it's called a 'cervical collar'

Author:  Demmom [ Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

I found another device that is used world wide. It is a neck pillow with a closure strap. Put it on and rotate 180 degrees. It will close your chin and reduce the lip opening. On your side it might allow the lips to close completely. I still get a small amount of dry mouth using this when I sleep on my back.

Author:  cindyY [ Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

I thought the tremendous advantage would be not having to smell the dog fart anymore! Believe me, my machine is far from the dog. He won't even sleep with us anymore. I don't think he likes Darth Mommy.

Author:  DaveL [ Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

Demmom wrote:
I found another device that is used world wide. It is a neck pillow with a closure strap. Put it on and rotate 180 degrees. It will close your chin and reduce the lip opening. On your side it might allow the lips to close completely. I still get a small amount of dry mouth using this when I sleep on my back.


You may have saved my life!

Thank you!

Where can i get this?

DaveL

I'm so happy I read your post!

Author:  DaveL [ Tue May 02, 2017 12:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

I bought it from amazon. i'm waiting for delivery

Author:  DaveL [ Sat May 06, 2017 7:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

I bought the wrong one. it's uncomfortable. Oh well.

Author:  NadiaK [ Sun May 07, 2017 1:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

5280meow wrote:
Hahah I do this too! It is a perfect snorkel.

The biggest thing I miss is sleeping flat on my stomach. The Dreamwear mask would be PERFECT for this -- except that if I sleep on my stomach, I cannot seem to avoid really bad aerophagia/gastric insufflation, and I wake up in agony. I'd like to design a pillow for stomach-sleeper CPAP users that would allow us to sleep totally prone/face-down.


I too really miss sleeping on my stomach as that is most comfortable for me.

Author:  dianemarie [ Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

I fall asleep on my side, but I always seem to wake up on my stomach. I use the nasal pillows though.

Author:  cindyY [ Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

dianemarie wrote:
I fall asleep on my side, but I always seem to wake up on my stomach. I use the nasal pillows though.


Just be sure you don't block the exhaust vent on your mask when you're on your stomach.

Author:  Chunkyfrog [ Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

Thanks to cpap, I have been able to sleep on my back when side sleeping caused great pain in my shoulders, and while recovering from my double mastectomy.

Author:  Nan [ Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

I sleep on my stomach but turn my head to the side so that my P10 just hangs over the edge of the pillow. Been sleeping like this for years with no problem... give it a try.

Author:  kaoshavoc [ Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

I too am starting to really enjoy being under the covers completely. It is amazing :D.

Author:  Wolfbane [ Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

Wow! I hadn't thought about this, I love to sleep totally under the covers in winter! snorkel on Dudes and Dudettes!! And my dog sleeps in a crate so no worries about being the victim of errant emissions!

Author:  WanderLit [ Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

BillyHW wrote:
I just realized one tremendous advantage of being on a CPAP. I can finally sleep underneath the covers without worrying about suffocation! I've been dreaming of being able to do this all my life.

It's like a snorkel for your covers.

:P


Hey! I think you're really on to something here. All I need is a nasal mask with a reading light (think Rudolph) and it could be like reading under the covers with a flashlight all over again!

Author:  diamaunt [ Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP

WanderLit wrote:
Hey! I think you're really on to something here. All I need is a nasal mask with a reading light (think Rudolph) and it could be like reading under the covers with a flashlight all over again!

I use the screenlight on my kobo for that purpose :D Works great.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/