FAQ
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:57 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

MNsleeper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP REALLY THIS HARD ???  |  Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:03 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal, FFM
PAP Machine: Phillips Respronics
Pressure Setting: 4-20

I did see a link to download on a Mac, I have a PC so I went that way

sja
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP REALLY THIS HARD ???  |  Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:04 pm

My experience has been up and down. I started out determined to make it work. I built up a tolerance to using the Airfit P10 and it was going great- I could sleep 8 or 9 hour stretches with it on. Then things started to go downhill, and I was struggling again. My doctor said maybe the mask or the strap had worn out. I think it was maybe just the strap, but I pulled out the mask too, the whole shebang.
He also suggested I might try another mask. So I am currently trying the Brevida.
I do think the new P10 might have gotten me back where I was, and I may still use it sometimes.
Right now I'm ramping up with the Brevida as I did initially with the P10. I slept over 9 hours two nights this week, and the fatigue is abating again.
But evidently the masks and straps don't last long, and you really have to stay on top of it.
Also, I can only occasionally manage to sleep on my side, which is sad. Yes! For a lot of us it is not an instant fix, and there are challenges.
Bottom line --
Wearing a CPap when sleeping is pretty much exactly like wearing a condom when having sex.