728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - The beginning is in sight!
FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

WanderLit
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The beginning is in sight!  |  Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:00 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal cushion
PAP Machine: AirSense 10 ForHer
Humidifier: built-in
Pressure Setting: 8 cc H2O

LSAT wrote:

The doctor can do his thing in about 10 minutes.

Hell hath no fury like a women sleep deprived. :evil:

~Eve Ensler

Kittens McTavish
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The beginning is in sight!  |  Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:46 am

PAP Mask: F&P Eson 2, Philips Dreamwear
PAP Machine: Philips DreamStation
Humidifier: Philips
Pressure Setting: 9

Good grief, you're still not on CPAP?! They really are taking their sweet time. I've put popcorn on my shopping list, 'cause the first batch went stale. (Shopping is actually fun now that I can stay awake most of the time!)

Tell me is this where I give it all up?
For you, I have to risk it all
Cause the writing's on the wall

Sam Smith

WanderLit
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The beginning is in sight!  |  Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:14 pm

PAP Machine: AirSense 10 ForHer
Humidifier: built-in
Pressure Setting: 8 cc H2O

After two false starts at the DME (first they had the wrong CPAP and had to order mine, then it didn't come in when they said it would) I am finally on CPAP!!!

I slept last night with my own cpap in my own bed. I'm so relieved! I slept like a rock and actually felt ready to get up at 6:30 rather than having to drag myself out of bed at 7:00.

I got a little rain out, but it didn't occlude the tubing. I'll adjust the humidifier a little differently tonight. I also woke up with the pressure under my nose feeling uncomfortable but I made some adjustments and went right back to sleep. I'm going to experiment with how loose I can make the mask before it leaks, but even if last night was THE BEST it will EVER get and even if I NEVER feel more comfortable or less aware of the whole apparatus, it don't care. It will STILL be well worth the kind of rest I got last night.

The amazing part is, I know that It will get more comfortable and I will adjust to the feeling of it and that just makes it magical. :-)

I'm lucky. You all (especially Jason) gave me a wonderful education and the confidence to advocate for myself. The DME probably didn't like it but I knew what I needed, wanted, and even what my preferences were. I honestly think the abysmal adherence rates of CPAP therapy are due to poor servicing of an ignorant consumer base. We're all lucky to be here.

Thanks everyone.

~Eve Ensler

BreatheBetterBob
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The beginning is in sight!  |  Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:36 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airfit P10
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: Resmed Airsense 10 Type
Pressure Setting: No Ramp, 12min/20max

I can say I am thankful as you for Jason and everyone else's videos and advice. My RT actually said that he wished more patients were like me and go do research and be informed about CPAP machines and therapy.

I went from having 62 AHI to now an average of about 0.5 AHI and I really look forward to bedtime because I know I am not going to wake up feeling like I'm dragging.

And an extra thanks to Jason for the Mask Bright, I will be ordering another 3 pack soon. The stuff works great and I recommend getting some to try I know you will like it.

Chip McDonald
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The beginning is in sight!  |  Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:44 pm

PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset climateline
Humidifier: Humidair
Pressure Setting: 8

WanderLit wrote:
Gaaahhhhh!

Seriously though, It's only been 2 weeks and the sleep doc has to review the entire study, write a prescription, send it to the DME, and then the DME will go through the insurance company to verify coverage and benefits before they call me to come in. I was advised all that could take up to 6 weeks. Patience... patience... but I WANT IT NOW!

I've been waiting for 3 weeks to do titration, and fear the wait afterwords.

It seems curious for something that is so important, and seemingly can make such a difference so quickly, that it's done in what seems to be slow motion.

What kind of wait time after the titration (for me this Sunday, 6 days away) should it be before

1) I hear from the doctor;
2) I get a machine from a DME

?

As referenced in another post, I have a Resmed S8 Escape II that belonged to my father - I've been trying to "practice" with wearing an EasyLife mask during the day, tried sleeping and wrestled with it multiple nights... Actually bought a Dreamwear mask from parts online, and it's amazing... but woke up almost immediately wanting to inhale through my nose? Am I a mouth breather, or pressure too low at 6-7? I've decided to stop experimenting and wait until I know.

Regardless, will the tech be able to give me a pressure recommendation in the morning after?

Ahrgh.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The beginning is in sight!  |  Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:34 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Chip McDonald wrote:
Regardless, will the tech be able to give me a pressure recommendation in the morning after?

Techs aren't supposed to give you any information really. That's supposed to come from the doctor after he evaluates things.
Some techs will chat about what they did but most won't tell you much. They aren't supposed to because that is supposed to be the doctors job.

Chip McDonald
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The beginning is in sight!  |  Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:16 am

PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset climateline
Humidifier: Humidair
Pressure Setting: 8

Pugsy wrote:
Techs aren't supposed to give you any information really. That's supposed to come from the doctor after he evaluates things.
Some techs will chat about what they did but most won't tell you much. They aren't supposed to because that is supposed to be the doctors job.

Ok, thanks... So I should ask the doctor for the report(s), or the tech?