div id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Sleep study on Feb. 11th
FAQ
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

arnie
Unread post  Post subject: Sleep study on Feb. 11th  |  Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:31 pm

Hello all. I've had apnea (that I know of, at least) for about 3 years now (possibly complex, certainly obstructive) and FINALLY decided it would be a good idea to see someone about it, especially since learning about the horrible effects it can have on the body. I was lucky to get an appointment a week ago and then be able to schedule a sleep study for the 11th. I'm looking forward to seeing what the results are and where I'll be going from there. I've already learned a lot about the CPAP machines and such from here and other internet sites, and I kind of know what things to look for at the study and have an idea what to expect.

I like these forums and the information and support they provide. I'll let you know how things go after the study, and you can be sure I will have a lot of questions.

Cheers!

jb.sing
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep study on Feb. 11th  |  Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:32 pm

PAP Mask: amara view,
PAP Machine: dreamstation a pap
Pressure Setting: 11

Glad you found us. Yes this place is full of valuable information and encouragement.

SusanS
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep study on Feb. 11th  |  Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:15 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Nasal Pillows System
PAP Machine: Philips Respironics dx500t11 with humidifier
Humidifier: Comes with above PAP machine
Pressure Setting: 4.0

I am doing CPAP therapy w/o a doctor or sleep study only because it is taking 3 months to even get a consultation appointment (which won't happen until mid-March) -- and who knows how long before the sleep evaluation? I just figured I'm not breathing NOW and I'm not waiting until they tell me I have to start therapy...I'll be way ahead of the game.

So far so good...I have a good machine and found a mask that fit. It set me back a few dollars (but will take that up with my Insurance Company when I get the prescription - finally).

Good luck on your journey and remember that it takes time for your body to get used to sleeping and breathing differently. But your health is worth it!

arnie
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep study on Feb. 11th  |  Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:18 am

Hi Susan,

I probably would have gone that route myself if I had not been able to get in so soon. One of the places I talked to was scheduling people for August!
Prior to getting the appointment I have now I was set up to see a place on March 17th, and then it would have been another several weeks for the study. I definitely was lucky!

Thanks for the good wishes. To you as well!

trish6hundred
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep study on Feb. 11th  |  Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:51 am

PAP Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
PAP Machine: Resmed S9AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: H5I
Pressure Setting: Titrated Pressure is 10 CM-H2O, I use a range of 7/20 CM-H2O.

Hi arnie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck at your sleep study and also, good luck to you as you start your CPAP therapy.

arnie
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep study on Feb. 11th  |  Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:21 am

On the 11th I went in for my sleep study. Got there are 9 pm, got hooked up by 10, in bed by about 1030. Of course it's harder to get to sleep in a new place, different noises, etc. The person in the room next to mine was already asleep and snoring, but not so loud as to be annoying. I also realized I could hear the sleep techs talking in whatever room they were in. Went to sleep, woke up about 20 minutes later to sounds of techs laughing with each and asked them over the mic to please not make so much noise. Slept some, had a few transitional apneas, woke up later with what I almost wonder was Cheyne-Stokes breathing. I hadn't had anything quite like that before and it was not pleasant at all. At one point it felt almost like my limbs were burning and the collar of my t-shirt was choking me. I finally slept, then woke up when the person next door got up. In a minute or two my tech came in and said it was 530 and time to get up and go home. I filled out a short questionnaire. In the place for "how long do you think you slept/" I put "about 2 1/2 hours." She told me that was pretty close to correct. I asked about some other stuff but she (naturally) said she could not give me any results until they had been evaluated by the techs and the doc. I pushed her just a little and she said that I had had between 5 and 15 episodes but couldn't tell me more than that. Anyhow, it will now be 7-10 days before I get contacted with the results and get going on a treatment. I can't wait to start, because I have been increasingly tired, fatigued, washed out spaced out, etc. for months now.