div id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Inflammatory Markers In Blood & Sleep Apnea
FAQ
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

TmjTerri
Unread post  Post subject: Inflammatory Markers In Blood & Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:16 pm

PAP Mask: Mirage Softgel Petite
PAP Machine: ResMed Vpap Adapt S9 36007
Humidifier: ResMed H5i Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 17/30 My paperwork also says Asv-Epap 10cm rate auto Min PS=4cm Max PS=15

Hey Jason...For the past 6 years or so I have had chronic elevated inflammatory markers, ESR & Crp, marked as highly elevated. I always wondered if sleep apnea can cause those markers to be elevated? Hopefully you will know the answer to this! Thanks so much!!

ResMed Vpap Adapt S9 #36007
ResMed H5i Heated Humidifier
NewLife Elite/Intensity/QuietLife 5 Oxygen Concentrator
Respironics CPAP Nasal Mask with Headgear - ComfortGel Blue Size Petite
Pressures 17/30
My paperwork also says..
Asv-Epap 10cm rate
Auto Min PS=4cm Max PS=15cm
CMS50F Pulse Oximeter Recordable
CPAP Hose Lift v5

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Inflammatory Markers In Blood & Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:47 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

I have no idea. WAAAAAAYYYYYY above my knowledge base.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

TmjTerri
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Inflammatory Markers In Blood & Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:52 pm

PAP Mask: Mirage Softgel Petite
PAP Machine: ResMed Vpap Adapt S9 36007
Humidifier: ResMed H5i Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 17/30 My paperwork also says Asv-Epap 10cm rate auto Min PS=4cm Max PS=15

TheLankyLefty wrote:
I have no idea. WAAAAAAYYYYYY above my knowledge base.

Awe..That's OK Jason! I didn't know if you knew the answer or not so it's OK. Thanks for replying! I'm really curious of anyone happens to know so hopefully I will find out one of these days! Thanks again!

ResMed Vpap Adapt S9 #36007
ResMed H5i Heated Humidifier
NewLife Elite/Intensity/QuietLife 5 Oxygen Concentrator
Respironics CPAP Nasal Mask with Headgear - ComfortGel Blue Size Petite
Pressures 17/30
My paperwork also says..
Asv-Epap 10cm rate
Auto Min PS=4cm Max PS=15cm
CMS50F Pulse Oximeter Recordable
CPAP Hose Lift v5

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Inflammatory Markers In Blood & Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:39 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

it's entirely likely that apnea would cause elevated inflammatory markers, OSA causes you to have greatly elevated stress hormones as your body fights for air all night long, that and the other side effects of it very likely do cause inflammation.

(note, the above is just a guess based on a lot of various tidbits and no actual googling for studies or such on the subject)

5280meow
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Inflammatory Markers In Blood & Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:36 am

PAP Mask: Philips Respironics DreamWear
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: built-in heated humidifier
Pressure Setting: 13.0cm/H2O during sleep study

Terri, did your doctor order labs that included CRP? Did they do any follow-up work or discuss your inflammation with you? Many conditions can cause inflammation, like infection, injury, or serious diseases. Chronic conditions like rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia can result in high inflammation.

If your doctor has evaluated you for serious conditions and isn't concerned about the inflammation, you could look at reducing inflammation on your own by changing your diet, such as Whole30. My husband was evaluated for a condition called Chiari, and since he was not a candidate for surgery, the neurosurgeon recommended that we do a Whole30/paleo type diet to cut out processed foods, sugar, grains/flour, dairy, etc. My husband won't do it, but I have, and I feel a lot better.

I also have an autoimmune condition that causes hypothyroidism and cutting out wheat and grains has helped a lot. Modern wheat is hybridized and many people have an autoimmune reaction to it without even realizing it. I didn't notice much of a difference until I had been on it about a week. If you decide to give it a try, it's only 30 days, you don't have to do it for life if you don't want to, and it's simple enough for most people to follow. You could try it for a certain period of time and get follow-up blood work to see if your inflammation status has changed, if you want.