Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Question updated titration study
FAQ
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:41 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Fireguy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Question updated titration study  |  Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:17 am

PAP Mask: Resmed airfit p10
PAP Machine: Resmed aircurve 10
Humidifier: Humidair
Pressure Setting: Minepep 4.6 maxipap 11 ps3.6

Ya think, I have no idea why I listened to them, clueless! Lol I'm going to try the manual setting and see if any rainout occurs. I only fill the humidifier tank to the 3/4 and only using 1/4 of that so I think a little humidity would help also. Thanks for the link and I did check the manual also but it looks like you can't change the default setting of 4 in the auto mode.
BTW, I took your advice and didn't change the minepap last and no leak problems or headache.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Question updated titration study  |  Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:19 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Fireguy wrote:
Thanks for the link and I did check the manual also but it looks like you can't change the default setting of 4 in the auto mode.

there is no "setting of 4" in auto mode, the default is purely manual mode. again, your DME is good for fertilizer.

auto mode is ... AUTO. that's what AUTO means. when you get in an auto transmission car, you don't set it to "third gear" in auto mode, .... auto takes care of that.

now when you take your humidity OUT of auto mode, it's just setting it to the manual default, which you can then adjust as you desire.

Fireguy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Question updated titration study  |  Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:24 pm

It's weird when I look at SH data it shows a setting of 4 even when in auto mode and that's also what the fertilizer people said. Lol
To use your analogy, I'm now in manual mode and will be downshifting or upshifting as needed. I do like humidity but have to balance it with the rainout issues I find with the resmed p10. The small exhalation holes tend to become blocked if rainout occurs causing difficulty exhaling.

Fireguy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Question updated titration study  |  Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Okay, I'm convinced auto everything is the way to go! Lol Sure enough when I set the humidity level in manual mode manual to 5 I experienced rainout that clogged the exhalation screen in the middle of the night. So now I'm running in vauto mode and auto climate control except for heated hose because I don't like the air to warm.