div id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Getting a second sleep study?
FAQ
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

serebros
Unread post  Post subject: Getting a second sleep study?  |  Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:33 am

PAP Mask: Philips Amara Full Face Mask New Version with Blue Gel Cushion
PAP Machine: Philips Respironics System 1 CPAP Machine
Humidifier: Water Tray Built into CPAP Machine
Pressure Setting: CPAP @ 6cm h20

Me: Male, Age:26, Height: 5'8, Weight: 170lbs, 15% Body Fat, Fit/Athletic, have always been a poor sleeper
Test: Polysomnograph and CPAP Titration (Sleep Study) Done in April 2015
DX: Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea, AHI: 8.6, RDI: 8.9 longest duration of apnea was 54 seconds
Treatment: Equipment(Philips Respironics at 6 cmH20, Full Face ResMed Airfit F10)
I am now getting a second sleep study done (ordered by General Practitioner since I am getting 3 different ENT consults for surgery and they want up to date sleep study results.
I just called the sleep study center and found out that it will only be a CPAP Titration (As in no PSG or Split Night study, the entire night will be with the mask on)
My question is: Is that okay that this study will only be CPAP Titration? Should I be concerned that there will be no stand alone PSG? Will a CPAP Titration only results be enough good information for the ENTs?
Thanks

jonny515
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Getting a second sleep study?  |  Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:01 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset (with heated humidifier)
Pressure Setting: 6-10

How did they come up with the 6 cmH20 in the first place? Does it not really work? I'm wondering why you need a second one.

I'm gathering they only need to do the titration because they have the other info and no need for it. That said, in my titration I was wired up exactly the same as in the PSG. And the data that came out looked similar. They even had the camera on.

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Getting a second sleep study?  |  Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:19 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

serebros wrote:
I am now getting a second sleep study done (ordered by General Practitioner since I am getting 3 different ENT consults for surgery and they want up to date sleep study results.
I guess I'm confused as to why a CPAP titration is needed if you're having a consult for surgery (for sleep apnea?).

The original study was a Split night recording, so it includes a Baseline (for diagnosis) and Titration (for treatment pressure). You already have your diagnosis, so I'm not sure why you want a stand-alone PSG unless you question the validity of the original PSG (as part of the split) or are going to completely refuse to use CPAP. Did the ENT's request a Titration night recording? It's for them right, so why did your GP order the test?

I really don't know if a titration night would be good enough since I don't know what it is that they're (the ENTs) looking for.

Have you said you won't use CPAP or is CPAP not working for you?

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.