div id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - AXG Home Sleep Study
FAQ
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:54 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Ravenmobile
Unread post  Post subject: AXG Home Sleep Study  |  Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Based on my wife's feedback, I was considering getting a sleep study. I prefer one at home because of comfort and also and not interested in my insurance company finding out I have sleep apnea. I was looking at the videos of the AXG study and it really looks like it would be hard if not impossible to sleep. I was looking for some feedback from people who have had it to see what there experience was in general and then also as it relates to the ability to actually sleep with all the electrode, straps, etc.

sibbs
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AXG Home Sleep Study  |  Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:54 pm

I did a study a few months ago and it went really well.

The printed instructions and videos were thoughtful, thorough and clear and getting the electrodes and everything set up was straightforward. I found that once the electrodes (which are soft) and straps were on I quickly adapted to the feeling of them against my skin. Didn't have any trouble sleeping.

I had a study in a sleep lab a few years ago and this was infinitely more comfortable as I could be in my in own bed. And unlike most home sleep studies, you can actually rely on the data you get back, and the AXG folks to help you understand what it means. I'd do it again.

CaroECS
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AXG Home Sleep Study  |  Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:04 pm

From a customer satisfaction perspective, I find that the SleepyHead software was extremely straightforward, easy to use, comfortable equipment and that AXG was very helpful with explaining the setup and use of the equipment.

I'm still in the phase of learning about the results of the testing and plan to use SleepyHead software for questions and follow up; however, I was pleased with the turn around on the receiving the results from AXG and impressed with the follow through from Jason.

A fantastic experience thanks to Jason.

Dr. Marnix Heersink

Daso
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AXG Home Sleep Study  |  Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:19 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Swift FX
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset but Using Glidewell Silent Nite MAD

Hello, A couple of points to help you. First of all, I had the Sleep center basic home study done from my local Sleep disorder institute and they just told me I have sleep apnea with little further explanation and pushed the CPAP on me. After a while, I remained unsure about it and did some research and found AXG. Jason was unbelievably helpful without even getting to the point of the sleep study and being that my insurance wasn't willing to pay for a full in lab sleep study, I decided to give AXG a try on my own. Thank god I did. Aside from the ease of working with Jason and the daunting box of wires and stuff that arrived, setup was fairly easy and the results were extremely detailed and even better, showed that I did not in fact have OSA but more likely resistance which I could modify through sleeping position and other things. BTW, I had a Septoplasty done and that changed things even further. I highly recommend Jason and his service and will most likely (for the hell of it) do it once more sometime in the near future to see if my results have improved based on minor surgery etc... And don't bother looking around as I did, there isn't another competitive service like his around., Best of luck