FAQ
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:36 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

ZubeDude
Unread post  Post subject: Ablation of the Tongue  |  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:10 am

PAP Mask: Air Fit 20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10
Humidifier: 3
Pressure Setting: 6 - 9, APAP

Has anyone tried ablation of the tongue to unblock airway and had successful results?

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Ablation of the Tongue  |  Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:57 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Are you talking about radiofrequency ablation of the tongue, or removing the sides of your tongue? I haven't had either, just wondering which you mean?

mrwhitee
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Ablation of the Tongue  |  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:59 pm

PAP Mask: dream wear nasal pillows
PAP Machine: AirSense 10
Humidifier: built into airsense 10 and using the heated hose
Pressure Setting: currently set to cpap at 14

I had my uvula cut out and the radio frequency of the tongue and my sleep study showed it made things worse. My doctor couldnt explain why that would be. I suspect that one of the sleep studies was not accurate and things were more or less the same rather than worse. I tried the stupid dental thing which didnt work either. He said the only other option was the mandible surgery or stay on cpap. I said no to the mandible surgery and didnt stay on cpap either till recently when I discovered the dreamwear. Of course, that doesnt mean it wont work for you. However, my doctor did give me a high chance of these things working which makes me skeptical of doing anymore surgeries. The uvula surgery was very painful...never again (not that I could). The radio frequency wasnt bad...just expensive and did not work for me.