Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Pillar Procedure
FAQ
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

abell88
Unread post  Post subject: Pillar Procedure  |  Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:20 pm

PAP Mask: Wisp Nasal Mask
PAP Machine: Resmed S9
Pressure Setting: 11

Any opinion on the Pillar procedure? http://www.pillarprocedure.com/

rich_tweddle
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Pillar Procedure  |  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:44 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed Mirage Quattro Full Face
PAP Machine: Resmed airsense 10 autoset
Humidifier: Humidifier with heated tube
Pressure Setting: APAP, pressure 10-20

wow, i like the look of that! gutted they dont do it in england though :(!
ive started to notice something since being on this site. CPAP is a much bigger thing in America than here in England, you have so much more help and choices avalible to you :(.

trish6hundred
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Pillar Procedure  |  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:27 pm

PAP Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
PAP Machine: Resmed S9AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: H5I
Pressure Setting: Titrated Pressure is 10 CM-H2O, I use a range of 7/20 CM-H2O.

Hi abell88,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know too much about that procedure, but I personally am hesitant to go under the knife if I don’t absolutely have to. Of course, YMMV. At least, CPAP isn’t invasive.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
your CPAP .

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Pillar Procedure  |  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:11 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

A well known Stanford doc that has a great reputation doesn't do them anymore because of poor outcomes.

Maxillomandibular advancement has a much better success rate.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

abell88
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Pillar Procedure  |  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:35 pm

PAP Mask: Wisp Nasal Mask
PAP Machine: Resmed S9
Pressure Setting: 11

Maxillomandibular advancement looks pretty terrifying to me. CPAP has not been wonderful for me (been on for two years), but it looks better than the alternatives.

Thanks!

49er
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Pillar Procedure  |  Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:44 am

abell88 wrote:
Maxillomandibular advancement looks pretty terrifying to me. CPAP has not been wonderful for me (been on for two years), but it looks better than the alternatives.

Thanks!

Hi abell88,

I initially felt the same was as you did but after horrific struggles with pap therapy, this surgery no longer terrifies me. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to do it for other reasons but in your situation, if you get to a point where you're not functioning (sorry haven't read your story), better to put with fearing a surgery that has a reasonable chance of success vs. the alternative. As always, it is a matter of weighing the risks and rewards.

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Pillar Procedure  |  Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:31 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

abell88 wrote:
Maxillomandibular advancement looks pretty terrifying to me.
:lol: I hear that! It is effective though, and that's the point of going under the knife.

I could perform my patented "Uvula Flick." I just flick your uvula and you can go home same day. It doesn't do anything, but I charge you $1000 and it's not terrifying at all!!! :lol: I'm just messing with you.

With some people, their anatomy is such that it doesn't allow CPAP to be effective. I don't know if this is you, but that is the reality for some folks. Anatomy needs to be corrected just for CPAP to work.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

LeeRoyJenkins
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Pillar Procedure  |  Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:31 pm

I had the Pillar Procedure about 4 years ago. Didn't help one bit. I then went back and the ENT Doc burned out in the insides of my nasal passages in and attempt of give me a bigger airway in my nose. That didn't help either. Finally the same doctor lasered the back of my throat and shaved down my uvula. Still nothing.

All in all the whole Pillar Procedure was a massive bust with me. Total waste of money.

The ENT Doctor that I went to is supposedly one on the top PIllar Procedure docs in the entire country. He told me I was one of his toughest patients and to get an official sleep study and to get on CPAP therapy.

ayojay
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Pillar Procedure  |  Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm

PAP Mask: Swift FX
PAP Machine: Respironics Dreamstation AUTO
Humidifier: Dreamstation Heated Humidifier + Hose
Pressure Setting: 8

I had the pillar procedure and turbinate reduction done. Seemed to improve snoring initially, but didn't last long. Maybe about a year at the most.