728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Dental Practice Manager and Assistant Here
FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Jessica
Unread post  Post subject: Dental Practice Manager and Assistant Here  |  Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:21 pm

PAP Mask: DreamWear
PAP Machine: ResMed s9 Auto
Pressure Setting: 4.6-7.0

Okay, so I'm not a DENTIST but I do manage a dental practice and assist! I am fairly knowledgable in all things dental-appliance.

Our office makes TAP-3's pretty regularly for patients with mild-moderate apneas. I had one made for myself but with an AHI of 87 (!!!) without therapy it didn't do all that much to help. Other's in the office have sworn success. My CPAP has brought my AHI down to 1-3 most nights sooooo I'll be sticking with that (once I find a mask I actually like...).

Anyway, I thought this was the best place to introduce myself and I guess if anyone has any random questions about dentist-made appliances let me know. I'd be happy to help with what I can! :D

49er
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dental Practice Manager and Assistant Here  |  Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:51 am

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for joining the forum.

As an FYI, the last real good link to a study I have is from 2011 showing that the Tap has a success rate of 60 to 75% in getting the AHI down below 5 for mild to moderate sleep apnea. The mild folks have the higher success rate generally.

Any reason why it is so hard to find updated studies?

Glad cpap is working for you.

Jessica
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dental Practice Manager and Assistant Here  |  Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:54 pm

PAP Mask: DreamWear
PAP Machine: ResMed s9 Auto
Pressure Setting: 4.6-7.0

Hey 49! We have the same studies from 2011 cited in our office.

From what I have been told, apnea as mild as cited in those studies is treated so less often, it hasn't been found worthwhile to promote the product. I recently attended a dental conference in Boston (yes, they exist) and went to a seminar regarding the TAP and the attendance was incredibly weak. It just seems to not be very popular :/ but that is just my own observation.

49er
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dental Practice Manager and Assistant Here  |  Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:52 am

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for responding and letting me know about your experiences.