Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Nasal congestions
FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:21 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:04 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

What kind of a moron keeps making accounts a.on forums after being banned? The Ralph kind, I guess. "Ralph", isn't that a synonym for throwing up? Like this troll makes us want to do?

I suppose it is.

So pathetic that this is his chosen form of entertainment, maybe he can't find anything to pull the wings off of. I bet he was, (or is) the sort that torments pets.

Not very bright or he wouldn't have posted a sleep report with "Ralph Ditmore" on it... It's a bad thing to reveal someone else's info on the web,but when they're a troll like this one,and they are so stupid that they post their own name, somewhat of a different situation.

Barfy really is a sicko, of course it's be nice if he'd find another hobby, off the internet.

Ideas, people? What could Barf do with his time?

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:33 am

PAP Mask: have a couple.... resmed p30i
PAP Machine: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto on S
Humidifier: HumidAir
Pressure Setting: IPAP 12 EPAP 11

another one who contributes nothing because he's completely miserable. Jack up the pressure on you SEE PAP machine ! And then once your mind is partially clear enough go to a park and feed the pigeons. That oughta keep ya busy during the day at least.

Hey LSAT... you're invited too.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:27 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Hey Ralph....I don't get your PMs anymore...anything you have to say to me has to be public...
I got it fixed so that I don't receive any of your PMs nor do I get any sort of notice about you at all when it comes to PMs.

I told you in my last PM to you that I was going to do it...and I did. Just thought you might want to know in case anything you send me sits in your outbox forever....

I won't be reading any more of your private insults or excuses or whatever.

You are dead to me. Start your own thread and I won't say anything or bother you. The others can do or say whatever they want or don't want to in your threads. If they want to help you that's fine. I don't care.
If they don't want to help you ...that's fine with me as well.

When you post in other people's threads I get to comment if I want to or need to....you don't get to tell me what I can or can't say about anything anyone says and that includes you...especially you. If you don't want me to comment on something you say...don't comment or don't go spouting off potentially dangerous information. You will get corrected if not by me but by the others.

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:40 am

I got ya on referring them to a Dr about anything other than what they are prescribed, you're correct on that ! Thanks.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:09 am

PAP Mask: F & P Vitera
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

I know the type of doctor i would refer you to...........

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:07 pm

for as miserable as you are I can think of one for you.

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Hey Ralph....I don't get your PMs anymore...anything you have to say to me has to be public...
I got it fixed so that I don't receive any of your PMs nor do I get any sort of notice about you at all when it comes to PMs.

I told you in my last PM to you that I was going to do it...and I did. Just thought you might want to know in case anything you send me sits in your outbox forever....

I won't be reading any more of your private insults or excuses or whatever.

You are dead to me. Start your own thread and I won't say anything or bother you. The others can do or say whatever they want or don't want to in your threads. If they want to help you that's fine. I don't care.
If they don't want to help you ...that's fine with me as well.

When you post in other people's threads I get to comment if I want to or need to....you don't get to tell me what I can or can't say about anything anyone says and that includes you...especially you. If you don't want me to comment on something you say...don't comment or don't go spouting off potentially dangerous information. You will get corrected if not by me but by the others.

hey Pugsy I'm still wondering why you won't list your ailments that the Ibruprophen had a side effect on ya..?

also you will never admit other than my advice was just a valid.... as yours. You did say that didn't you? you can go ahead and block my IP address and rid me of these forums. To be honest the only thing I got from this forum and the other ones is OSCAR and .5 cmh20 a week for 4 months increase to rid most of my events. That's it. Anything else was useless.

Jason videos has way more information and he knows how to explain things....

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:26 pm

PAP Mask: F & P Vitera
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

optimalsleep wrote:
for as miserable as you are I can think of one for you.

Hey Ralphie ...The one I was thinking of for you was a proctologist...They specialize in As...Ho...

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:30 pm

so at your age you probably can't realize that's what you are.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:55 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed F20 N30i P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: 10 Series HumidAir
Pressure Setting: EPAP 8-15 PS 4-12

gandrus,

I hope you get a resolution to the congestion issue. Don't let the distraction hide the possible solutions that were mentioned. Best to you.

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:32 pm

just make sure you check with your Dr if any meds you're on will be effected. I did say on my first post IF you can take them. What a whirl wind of knowledge here aye?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:37 pm

optimalsleep wrote:
hey Pugsy I'm still wondering why you won't list your ailments that the Ibruprophen had a side effect on ya..?

Which reason do you want?

1...I already discussed it above.
2...You don't really give a crap anyway
3...None of your friggin business

Take your pick. You don't really want to learn....so why should I waste my time and you already told me that I don't know jack crap and don't deserve to be teaching and I am a horrible person.

There's an old saying which I find suits this situation well....if you were on my front porch on fire...I wouldn't piss on you to put it out.

Have a nice day and bless your little heart...

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:13 pm

wow..... hmmm, you just say you got a GI bleed and blamed it on Ibruprophen ALONE and try to say that's it.

Come on you can tell us. Be a big girl.

Quote:
It can damage the kidneys...and kill you.

if you ABUSE it

Quote:
Be care when advising people to take anything...even aspirin...everything comes with pros and cons and side effects and sometimes those side effects can be lethal.

gee nobody can read labels and we Need Dr Pugs to tell us.

Quote:
FWIW....I once took 1...200 mg ibuprofen for a headache. No history of ulcers or anything like that. I ended up in the ER and hospital with a bad GI bleed and pain that was worse than giving birth. It is not nearly as benign as you think it is for some people.

you mean here you told us?

uh huh...... no history of ulsers or anyhting like that? What do you mean?

Quote:
I already discussed it above.

where?

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:19 pm

Pugsy wrote:
optimalsleep wrote:
I'm sure some here will say I'm wrong about Ibreprophen.... I've been using it for years, and no problems. Some say it's bad for your kidneys or liver or whatever. It can give you ulcers if taken on an empty stomach. I never had a problem...

Just because you can take ibuprofen doesn't mean it's safe for everyone.

https://www.drugs.com/ibuprofen.html

Here's one note...see above link for a lot more.

Quote:
Ibuprofen can increase your risk of fatal heart attack or stroke, especially if you use it long term or take high doses, or if you have heart disease.

It can damage the kidneys...and kill you.

And it won't do a thing for nasal congestion...nothing in it that affects the nasal mucosa...now if you are taking the PM version then that PM part is Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) which is an antihistimine and that might affect the nasal mucosa and help with nasal congestion.
Benadryl by itself is available over the counter and a person could just take the Benadryl without the ibuprofen (which is the NSAID) and avoid potential GI or liver or unwanted side effects from the NSAID.
NSAIDs are for pain...inflammation from arthritis or fever or that sort of thing...you don't take a NSAID for nasal congestion though. Nothing in it to help open up the nose.

Be care when advising people to take anything...even aspirin...everything comes with pros and cons and side effects and sometimes those side effects can be lethal. Just because you don't have a problem with something doesn't mean the next person won't and you don't know a thing about their medical history. I know you just want to help and don't want to hurt anyone...just be careful because it could kill someone.

FWIW....I once took 1...200 mg ibuprofen for a headache. No history of ulcers or anything like that. I ended up in the ER and hospital with a bad GI bleed and pain that was worse than giving birth. It is not nearly as benign as you think it is for some people.

There Pugs I quoted your post for ya

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal congestions  |  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:38 pm

Sigh...enough is enough...this thread is now locked.

If you want to talk to yourself...create your own thread and have fun.

I wouldn't give you the time of day if you asked what time it was.

You are harassing me...and any further attempts will find those posts going AWOL real fast.

Again...Have a good day and bless your little pea pickin heart.