Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Airfit F30 hybrid mask face irritation
FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:58 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

insomaniacal
Unread post  Post subject: Airfit F30 hybrid mask face irritation  |  Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:17 pm

I'm a new user 2 months and now on my 3rd mask, the Airfit F30, and having problems with the gel cushion irritating my face near the corners of my mouth. The F20 mask I tried earlier did the same thing. The edge of the gel cushion is sort of sharp in those areas and kind of forms a pucker at the sides near the mouth corners (see photo).
Attachment:
cushion.jpg
cushion.jpg [ 2.57 MiB | Viewed 414 times ]
If they had designed the cushion so it rolled inward more I don't think this would be a problem. Anyone have similar issues? Is there an alternative hybrid style full face mask that won't cause this problem?

optimalsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airfit F30 hybrid mask face irritation  |  Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:16 pm

PAP Mask: have a couple.... resmed p30i
PAP Machine: ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto on S
Humidifier: HumidAir
Pressure Setting: IPAP 12 EPAP 11

Use Lansinoh, it works great. Nursing mothers use it. It's in the baby section on walmart. It's really good stuff. Don't need alot.... a little goes a long way.

Shagrock322
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airfit F30 hybrid mask face irritation  |  Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:58 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed F30I/N20
PAP Machine: Resmed airsense 10
Humidifier: Auto climate tube, settings Auto, hose temp Auto
Pressure Setting: Pressure 8 EPR 2

I have not used the F30, but currently using the F30i, the hose attaches at the top, and I have not had the problem with the F30i.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airfit F30 hybrid mask face irritation  |  Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:54 am

PAP Mask: ResMed F20 N30i P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: 10 Series HumidAir
Pressure Setting: EPAP 8-15 PS 4-12

I've heard some cushions may have this issue while others aren't as likely to do this. I have not noticed this on any of my F20 AirFit's cushions.

LeonoraD
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airfit F30 hybrid mask face irritation  |  Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:55 am

PAP Mask: Resmed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask
PAP Machine: Resmed AirSense 10
Humidifier: Built In w/Resmed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: APAP 8-14

I have been using this mask since Feb.'20. I was getting sores on either side of my nose. I do notice the sharp feeling of the edge around my mouth that you mention but that hasn't been a big problem for me. I did switch from a size small to a size medium and that made the sores go away and gave me a much more comfortable fit. The respiratory therapist who set me up insisted I was a size small but the medium. I am still struggling with this mask due to air leaks on the elbow fitting that goes from the hose to the mask. So, that's a whole other problem for me...

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airfit F30 hybrid mask face irritation  |  Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:45 am

PAP Mask: ResMed F20 N30i P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: 10 Series HumidAir
Pressure Setting: EPAP 8-15 PS 4-12

FWIW There's a mask accessory supplier that makes CPAP mask frame and cushions that goes between mask cushions and your face.

Search Google for Pad A Cheek.