Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!
FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:20 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

DinoBanino81
Unread post  Post subject: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:22 am

Tried CPAP in the past and failed!!! Tried oral appliance and failed!!! Want to try CPAP again. My problem is I am normally a mouth breather by day so I tend to think I need a full fask mask. The problem with full face masks is I find that they need to be relatively tighter to get a good seel, but then they are not comfortable and apparently I am claustriphobic. Like the nasal one, but again I am a mouth breather in general so I am concerned that it won't do the job. Hence.... Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!

To help motivate: Some of the Lyrics to Help By The Beatles

Help, I need somebody
Help, not just anybody
Help, you know I need someone, helpWhen I was younger, so much younger than today
I never needed anybody's help in any way
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doorsHelp me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round
Help me, get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:04 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Demotivated.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:10 pm

PAP Mask: F & P Vitera
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Even fussy about who helps him...I guess I am not qualified..I'm anybody.

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:20 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

Let it be, fellas. He's really looking for a nowhere man. ;)

The thing is there is no one right mask. You need to try them out and see what works for you. Given your combination of mouth breathing and claustrophobia have a look at the Resmed 30 series - there may be something there to suit you. https://www.resmed.com/au/en/healthcare ... eries.html

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

Mikkik1
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:46 pm

PAP Mask: Airfit 10 full face mask
PAP Machine: Air curve 10S
Pressure Setting: 10/4

Might want to look at FFM dreamwear. It’s a full face mask but sits under your nose so it doesn’t feel as claustrophobic. I used to use the airfit F20 and switched to dreamwear and am sleeping much better. I’m definitely not an expert if that’s what you are looking for, just a cpap user.

padre
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:09 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Simplus; ResMed Quatto FX; ResMed AirFit P10
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ST
Humidifier: ResMed AirCurve 10 ST; Auto Set; Heated Hose
Pressure Setting: 11/15

If you are clinically claustrophobic or just anxious and the mask issues are keeping you from sleep therapy that you want and need....

Have you considered looking into any treatment(s) for your claustrophobia or anxiety related mask issues? While some of these treatments are professionally medically or clinically dependent, some techniques such as systematic desensitization or cognitive behavioral therapy might be things to look into. For instance, just wearing your mask for a few minutes each day (unattached to you cpap) and increasing that time to maybe wearing the mask a bit while watching tv etc. Then you can then wear the mask a few minutes attached to the cpap (with the machine turned off, at no pressure, at low pressure) etc. Wear it to bed without it hooked up etc. I think you get the idea. Anyway, while I am not a therapist my advice is just an opinion. But, if what I'm saying makes a modicum of sense and you think the effort would be worth it simply google some of the reputable sites related to claustrophobia and decide if some of the less intrusive treatment techniques would seem worth a try. At the very least, talk it over with your sleep doctor as I think he/she would qualify as "just not anybody." Good luck.

p.

Shirley
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:11 am

PAP Mask: nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Resmed P10
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: 10/17

Try a nasal mask and a chin strap to keep your mouth closed.

remoo1
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:51 am

PAP Mask: F30i N30i Bleep
PAP Machine: airsense 10
Humidifier: climateline
Pressure Setting: autoset 5-8

I am currently trying the bleep dreamport system and am impressed so far. I tape my mouth to stop leaks. Very easy to adapt to, not as bad as it sounds! Check it out at bleep.com.

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:00 am

remoo1 wrote:
I am currently trying the bleep dreamport system and am impressed so far. I tape my mouth to stop leaks. Very easy to adapt to, not as bad as it sounds! Check it out at bleep.com.

Do I understand that both your nose and mouth are effectively taped with this setup? That raises all sorts of alarm bells for me... but if it works for you then I guess that's OK.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:21 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Respirator99 wrote:
remoo1 wrote:

Do I understand that both your nose and mouth are effectively taped with this setup? That raises all sorts of alarm bells for me... but if it works for you then I guess that's OK.

It's no different than taping with any nasal pillow or nasal cushion mask.
The bleep mask system....just think of them as taping the mask to your nose because that's what it does. The nostrils themselves aren't blocked at all.
As long as you can breathe through your nose you won't be needing to breathe through your mouth anyway.

It's what I use. Been on CPAP for 11 years now. For approx 10 of those years I used to tell my husband I wished I had some way to tape the darn pillows to my nose so I could ditch the headgear. The Bleep mask system does exactly that.

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:44 pm

Thanks Pugsy. I might have a look at the Bleep in that case. Getting rather tired of the F20 headgear.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need somebody help!!! Not just Anybody!!! Help!!!  |  Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:44 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed F20 N30i P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: 10 Series HumidAir
Pressure Setting: EPAP 8-15 PS 4-12

OK if you wanted song lyrics, let's go with this excerpt from the chorus of Alice Cooper's song "He’s Back (The Man Behind the Mask)"

He's the man behind the mask
And he's out of control