Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Emailing card data to my doctor
FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:59 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Mike20878
Unread post  Post subject: Emailing card data to my doctor  |  Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:13 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch F20
PAP Machine: ResMed VPAP Adapt S9
Humidifier: ResMed H5i

I had a virtual visit with my doctor the other day. Normally I bring my data card in and they pull the reports. My machine is old school like that.

I tried zipping the entire contents of the card and sending it to them but they said they couldn't read it.

Is it possible to email a copy of the data in a way they can access it?

Thanks.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Emailing card data to my doctor  |  Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:39 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

It's possible but it takes a bit of work.
First you have to zip/compress the entire contents of the SD card into one folder in one step.
Then they have to unzip it and put it on a SD card and then use their ResScan software.
So essentially they have a carbon copy of your SD card. If one little file is off or missing or not in the correct structure ResScan won't be able to do anything with it.

I know this works because I have done it. It's impossible to try to compile a working file structure with just bits and pieces.

If they can't do that or don't understand how you can go buy a SD card and make a copy of your card on the new card and snail mail that SD card to them. People used to do this all the time some years ago.
But the card you send them has to be an exact copy of your card.

Mike20878
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Emailing card data to my doctor  |  Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:48 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch F20
PAP Machine: ResMed VPAP Adapt S9
Humidifier: ResMed H5i

I downloaded SleepyHead and sent them a report and a CSV export. Hopefully that's good. They had suggested mailing them my card but then I wouldn't even be able to use my machine until they returned it.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Emailing card data to my doctor  |  Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:34 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

You do know you can buy a second card and use it don't you if something happens to the original card????

It doesn't have to be name brand either despite what ResMed says.