Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Dreamwear Questions
FAQ
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:33 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

wacopiper
Unread post  Post subject: Dreamwear Questions  |  Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:41 pm

I have been a long time Swift FX user but I feel ResMed changed the design and the headgear doesn't fit like it used to.

I have 2 questions about the Dreamwear frame:
1. I use a BiPap and I'm a side sleeper. Are there issues with the Dreamwear and side sleeping?
2. How do you size the frame?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwear Questions  |  Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:37 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

1....side sleeping doesn't constrict the air flow no matter what machine someone is using.
2...to be honest...sizing of the frame is trial and error. No one ever really offered a sizing guide for the frame.

wacopiper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwear Questions  |  Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:54 pm

Thanks Pugsy.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwear Questions  |  Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:05 pm

From my personal experience and bear in mind that I am a small petite woman in general. At least in terms of bone structure and head size.

Unless you wear a really big hat size and already know that you have a big head...go with the medium size frame. It's the most commonly used size.
It was way too large for me though....so I got the small frame and it could stand to be even a little smaller.

IMHO the frame runs more on the large side more than on the smaller side.

If you get the medium and it might be a little too big....there are some side fleece wraps that will help snug things up a little. It helped somewhat with my medium that I tried but not really well enough and I even ended up using them on the small frame to get the frame optimally snug for my small head. I am small...4 ft 10 and still wear a size 4 wedding ring...everything but my belly (another story :lol: ) is tiny.

So if you are like me...get a small....otherwise go with the usually supplied medium and start from there.

Respironics has never released any sort of measurement guidelines for the frame size that I have seen.

wacopiper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwear Questions  |  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:06 am

I got the Dreamwear in and couldn't get through the night. It felt like I was suffocating. It also felt like I wasn't getting the same pressure with this mask. Maybe the delivery means on top of the head instead of directly into the nose causes this. Had to go back to the SwiftFX during the night.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwear Questions  |  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:14 am

Which DreamWear model did you get?
Under the nose cushion ...gel pillows or what?
What pressure do you start the night with normally with your Swift FX?