Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Which is better between Resmed F30I and Dreamwear full face
FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:40 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

tdhcsc
Unread post  Post subject: Which is better between Resmed F30I and Dreamwear full face  |  Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:03 am

They're both the same and new but there's no comparison review between the two online.
I have the Resmed F30 and was thinking of changing to a style that has a top air entry.

How about a comparison review?

Dan,

garagelogician
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Which is better between Resmed F30I and Dreamwear full f  |  Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:33 pm

PAP Mask: Primary: ResMed Airfit F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: Integrated, Auto setting with ClimateLine heated tube
Pressure Setting: 13-18

I've used the Dreamwear FFM since it was released (over a year I think?)...it was very comfortable and worked well (as long as I stayed on my side). If I slept on my back, I had bad leakage problems whenever my mouth drops open.

I recently got the F30i and it has been perfect. I do not get any leaks, regardless of what position I am sleeping in. It is also extremely comfortable.

Seadog
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Which is better between Resmed F30I and Dreamwear full f  |  Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:52 pm

I had the Dreamwear and used it for a year. Because the nose cradle was pretty much straight it caused a crease in the skin inside my nostrils that cracked and was sore. I switched to the F30 and it had more of a curved cradle for the nose and never had that problem, it is comfortable but I like the hose on top of the head so I am trying to switch to the F30i which they say is like the F30 except the connection is on top of the head like the Dreamwear.

Seadog
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Which is better between Resmed F30I and Dreamwear full f  |  Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm

For me the F30i is very comfortable compared to the Dreamwear full face mask which caused soars in my nose because it didn't cradle my nose, it was mor flat than comfortable cradle. I like the F30 mask but not so much the head gear. The F30i frame is great, the mask is the same feel as the F30 and the headgear is more comfortable than the F30. I have used the F20 and had problems with the mask rising up on my face, blowing air in my eyes and the lower edge of the mask in my mouth. The hybrid design eliminated that problem.

dtn
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Which is better between Resmed F30I and Dreamwear full f  |  Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:03 pm

PAP Mask: DreamWear FFM
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
Humidifier: Yes
Pressure Setting: 14-18 cmH2O

I have both. I prefer the Dreamwear ffm. Note I have slightly modified my dreamwear ffm.

While the dreamwear ffm isn’t perfect, with the f30i I had problems with
- it seems to vent more air from the front vent holes. Which..
- caused me to wake up more often from the sound of air hitting my pillow or covers
- caused my Resmed airsense to say I had more leaks than with the dreamwear
- it’s vent holes are lower down which (in addition to more air venting) made it more difficult for me as a side sleeper
- the connectors for the frame to the cushion are more pronounced and caused my head to rest at an uncomfortable angle / hurt my cheeks, as a side sleeper
- I was fit for the medium cushion. The cushion cradles your nose more than the dreamwear and I found it pressed my nostrils closed, making it harder to breath. I am definitely not in between sizes, so the medium cushion (per sizing guide) should have fit.

That all said, i felt the f30i felt slightly more comfortable and the build quality slightly better. Those benefits were insignificant compared to the disadvantages I felt. I think the f30i a fantastic product - it was just less good for me.

padre
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Which is better between Resmed F30I and Dreamwear full f  |  Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:09 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Simplus; ResMed Quatto FX; ResMed AirFit P10
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ST
Humidifier: ResMed AirCurve 10 ST; Auto Set; Heated Hose
Pressure Setting: 11/15

Would the F30i be useful/comfortable for stomach sleepers.

DinoBanino81
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Which is better between Resmed F30I and Dreamwear full f  |  Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:36 am

My problem with full face masks is I find you have to wear them too tight to get a proper fit and that I am semi claustrophobic. Anyone have thoughts on this?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Which is better between Resmed F30I and Dreamwear full f  |  Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:42 pm

PAP Mask: F & P Vitera
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

You will never get a proper fit wearing them tight..The silicone cushion needs to inflate to make a seal. If you pull it tight, the cushion cannot fill with air.

JFGcanes
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Which is better between Resmed F30I and Dreamwear full f  |  Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:48 am

PAP Mask: Philips Dreamwear Nasal
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: With Airsense 10 plus Heated Hose
Pressure Setting: APAP (8-18) 95% (11)

I'm interested in getting a FFM for occasions when I might have nasal congestion and I really like to Top-of-Head tube design.

Are both mask parts the same hard plastic or like the differences between the N30i and Dreamwear the Dreamwear does not have any hard plastic? It is for this reason that I prefer the Dreamwear over the N30i.