Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - The Simplus Is Going Back!
FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:52 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: The Simplus Is Going Back!  |  Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:31 am

PAP Mask: Amara View Full Face Mask
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: Low - 12 High - 25

Well I ordered the F&P Simplus and first time use last night and I didn't even make lying down in bed with it because of the leaks! I followed the instructions but the air blows from the nose part into my eyes and there's also severe leaking around the sides of the mask to the point where it's making lots of noise! I must have a very small head or something and if I have to adjust constantly before going to bed everytime it's just not worth it way too aggravating! I guess the next step is a nasal cpap mask and a mouth guard. I guess for now I'll just go back to my old Amara View full face mask. If I tighten the straps a lot it won't leak and I get 3 to 4 hours of sleep but then after that I wake up because it feels like I'm not getting enough air cause the mask is on tight but it's better than no sleep at all! Just until I can look into another mask. I am interested in the Bleep Dreamport but I wonder if those stickers for the sides of the nose really do stay on all night?

Or perhaps I'll try the DreamWear Mask. I've just checked out some suggestions of FF masks from another post so I'll look into that too.

SleepyRich
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The Simplus Is Going Back!  |  Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:35 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airfit F30
PAP Machine: Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex PRS1 560
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System One Heated Humidifier, with Heated Hose
Pressure Setting: APAP 14-18

One thing I have learned is that no mask works for everyone because everyone’s face has different contours. I have a long face and big nose so even large masks seem too small for me.

Have you tried the Resmed Airfit F30? My Apria rep sent me one recently to try, and it is much more comfortable than the Simplus.

Rich :geek: